The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is real sadness to this saga. ALL parties have lost (much to the glee of other lesser clubs).

Having said shrek was adament about going, then he should have been let go. Fergie shoulda told him to **** off. Now, Fergie, ManU are just not credible.

And Shrek will never regain the hero status that he had before this episode.

All sides are losers.

I've considered this quite a lot and decided that it would be much better being a players agent than a player. After all, as a player you need to get out of bed to actually play footie and keep (relatively) fit. Ahem.

But if I was an agent I could do sod all and still eat tons of pies.

Interesting read here

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...er-2114940.html

Stretford's deal for Rooney at Manchester United marks the surrender of the one of the last citadels. The power agents now enjoy rankles with chairmen, managers and officials. The former England manager Graham Taylor once bluntly stated they should "all be lined up against a wall and shot". The fees generated from transfers, in particular, result in agents facing accusations of fuelling their own and players' greed, destabilising clubs and exploiting fans. Graham Kelly, the FA's former general secretary, has said agents enjoy a "licence to print money". The role of some agents in a number of cases of corruption has undermined good governance of the sport and ruined its reputation, according to their critics.

what I can never fathom out is why the clubs pay the agents fees.....surely the agent is employed by the player and the fees should come out of their own pocket. In a perfect world, all clubs would band together and Just say "NO!" but of course we don't live in that make beleve world and clubs will always try and out do each other and so leave the power with the player and the agent

Quote:
A source close to his representatives has told Telegraph Sport he believes that the striker can leave for as little as £30million if certain targets are not met on a year-by-year basis.

Manchester United have denied that such a clause exists, saying that they managed to persuade Rooney, and his agent Paul Stretford, this was a step too far.

FFS, surely no.

Perhaps United put a few clauses in themselves:

- you actually need to score, you scouse. If we don't win the league you pay back the increased wages
- not fags and pissing up in nightclubs
- no prozzies

Bastard.

I'm pissed off with this, I wish he had gone to City.