The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

3-1 scoreline is flattering to...... United that is! It could have been much worse.

The good news is that the drive home to Surrey isn't that far.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great stuff from Barca but a weary performance from ManYoo, esp. compared to Arsenal vs Barca at the Emirates, a match that all of the pundits seemed to conveniently forget once it hit 3-1 and the Barca superlatives started flowing. ManYoo started well but only for ten minutes. Everyone knows about Xavi but he was given acres straight up the middle for the first. So much for two banks of four.

Rooney may have got the hairdryer during the game, but he was probably the pick of the bunch. There was a lot of pressure on him going in. Shame for VDS if that's his last game.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Rooney may have got the hairdryer during the game...

Why so?

Because that's what they showed on the telly.

Fergie-and-Rooney-001.jpg

Mr Guardian mbm said at half time

One thing I forgot to mention: Fergie tearing a few strips off Rooney as the striker grabbed a drink on the touchline. It was a full-on hairdryer, with the manager pointing out his job title in no uncertain terms. Be lovely to hear the story on this from the horse's mouth, told using the medium of steam, should United lose.

The papers said a ton of bollocks. Like, Berbatov "storming off" before kick-off due to his non selection. Fergie however said that he was in the dressing room. Let's face it, they talk bollocks and make shit up and exaggerate all the time.

From the game I saw, Rooney was the player least deserving of a proper shouting at.

Rooney was moaning at his teammates and getting frustrated before that telling off. But it may have been more for playing out of position or something.

I actually thought Man Utd looked best when they played the long ball, strange that Berbatov didnt play.

You need someone like Mascherano to counteract Barcas midfield shenanigans. Perhaps thats they they bought him, so they dont have to play against him smile

I wanted both teams to lose.

Rooney was the only Man U player that seemed to want to win, but he did get a roasting from ferguson, it was clear on the TV that he was saying that "He was the manager" and that Rooney should do what he was telling him to do. The best way to sum up the game is Men against Boys. very unusual to see Man U play the "poor team" role, Barca were walking around passing at will and ripping Man U and new one all over the park. The Messi goal and the Villa goal should've been prevented, great finishes as they were. I was very surprised to see no one close either player down, sticking to the 18 yard box is just inviting players of that quality to shoot. Valencia looked WAY out of his depth last night, Giggs had an uncharcteristically quiet game and Hernandez didn't get the ball to do anything. Berbatov not even on the bench, if anyone was unsure whether he would be at OT next season I assume they aren't any longer. Although Man U are undoubtedly a good team, the gulf in class was apparent from the 1st kick of the ball. I guess most people believed that Barca would win and Man U were not at the level required of an underdog team to win.

Did you copy and paste that from somewhere confused

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
the gulf in class was apparent from the 1st kick of the ball.

Actually no it wasn't because for the 1st 10 minutes or so United most certainly had the upper hand.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Did you copy and paste that from somewhere confused

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
the gulf in class was apparent from the 1st kick of the ball.

Actually no it wasn't because for the 1st 10 minutes or so United most certainly had the upper hand.

no, why would I?? confused

I wouldn't have said they had the upper hand, they played better in that 10 mins than the following 80
Quote:
Berbatov finished as the Premier League's top scorer last season with 20, which included a hat-trick against Liverpool.
But the 30-year-old scored the majority of his goals against the division's lesser sides and recorded many of them during individual games.

lol