The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Fernando Torres says he is 'happy' with Roy Hodgson's appointment as the new Liverpool manager but his agent last night hinted that the Spain striker could be playing for another Premier League club next season. Torres said yesterday that he had yet to speak with Hodgson 'because I have a very important week ahead of me sitting on a bench' with a semi-final against Germany on Wednesday but his agent, José Antonio Martín, said: 'It is very likely that Fernando Torres will stay in the Premier League but I cannot say whether that will be with Liverpool.'

He also told the Daily Mail: 'We are working on his future but right now we cannot guarantee that he will stay with the English club.'

Chelsea and Manchester City were reported to be interested in signing the 26-year-old and Martín ruled out any move from Barcelona. 'Barcelona have signed David Villa and now they want to invest the money they have in other players.'

Alas I would be a little surprised if he stayed. Luckily he has had injuries and not featuring in the WC, hopefully that will continue.

Quote:
Chelsea have fired their opening shot in the battle to sign Liverpool's Fernando Torres by lodging a formal bid believed to be in the region of £40million for the Spain striker.

Glass is expensive these days!

City have even stupider money than Chelsea now, though rumour has it that Chelsea are going to be spending more this year. City have an almost limitless purse though. The big girls.

Massive news:

Barcelona fail to pay wages.

Quote:
Barcelona failed to pay their players at the end of June, club president Sandro Rosell has revealed.

Rosell, who succeeded Joan Laporta at the financially troubled Catalan outfit last week, also said a loan of about £125m had been secured to pay wages.

"We found a club in debt, with liquidity problems. At this point we have to take a loan to pay the wages of the players," he told Sport.

But Rosell said Barca can still afford Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Barca recently sold defender Dmitro Chygrynskiy to Shakhtar Donetsk for about £12.5m to help raise much-needed funds, even though coach Pep Guardiola had been keen to keep him.

Funny - wonder what Sepp Blatter and Platini will do for their darlings.

Originally Posted By: scouser
City sure do have silly money. We'll see about Chelsea, all talk at the moment.

City was looking to pick up someone from Uruguay, was it Lodiero?