The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes just saw that

The Fifa president Sepp Blatter made the startling disclosure yesterday that he could not rule out a rerun of the voting for the right to host the 2022 World Cup finals which was controversially won by the tiny Arab emirate of Qatar in December.

Blatter, who is seeking re-election next month for a fourth term, said that a Fifa inquiry into claims made by The Sunday Times that there was corruption in the vote could lead to the Fifa executive committee (ExCo) voting again. It would represent the biggest U-turn in the governing body's history.

----

Both FA and FIFA are just unimaginably hopeless.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Quote:
£150m! Real Madrid to demand astronomical fee for Ronaldo after bust-up with Mourinho

Real Madrid are ready to stun the football world by putting Cristiano Ronaldo up for sale for a staggering £150million.

Sportsmail understands a major rift has developed between the star Portuguese forward and Madrid manager Jose Mourinho following a training-ground row, and club president Florentino Perez is reluctantly willing to listen to offers.

Come on Wigan, get the wallet out!

Dr Evil might be in for him!

dr-evil.JPG

Tevez, who lifted the FA Cup for City on Saturday, told Radio Del Plata: "I want to leave Manchester City. Football has changed a lot for me and I don't know if I will even make it to the next World Cup. And that has nothing to do with whether I'm selected or not.

"I've been treated very well here and I'm grateful. I also gave my everything for the club to receive the results it has had. But I need a change of scene."

Tevez handed in a transfer request in January, but boss Roberto Mancini had hoped the striker would stay following City's qualification for the Champions League.

However, it seems Tevez remains unhappy with life at Eastlands.

"To go back to Boca Juniors would be beautiful but it is very difficult," he added.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Just noticed that the Champions League final is Saturday.... but why oh why the kick off at 8:45 UK time?!

That only makes it later in mainland Europe so it sounds suspiciously like some crappy move to appeal to US tv.

4:45 Japan time, hmm, tricky.

Maybe for the South American market?? wakaranai I doubt it though, again the Asian market for European teams is much bigger than the Sth American penchant for following european teams.

I see a footie player is apparently suing Twitter or something. All this superinjunction stuff, it would just be better if people were just not so damn interested in other peoples private lives.

Wonder if Giggsy will be playing tomorrow?

Nervous about tonight.

We need a win.

shifty

Don't forget footie fans, cancel that footie package on sky for June/July/Ausust. Unless you want to waste money of course, or watch repeats of Stoke vs West Ham.

We could even win our game and be relegated.

Or on the other hand we could lose our game and survive - if Blackpool and Birmingham both lose by goal margins two greater than us. So come on Wigan and United!

great escape by wolves n Wigan......sorry to see Blackpool go down as they played entertaining attacking football and Holloway was funny.....Brum are pish anyway.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
great escape by wolves n Wigan......sorry to see Blackpool go down as they played entertaining attacking football and Holloway was funny.....Brum are pish anyway.

What a last minute change of goals, I'm partial but the wolves did well there! Good last goal by Tottenham too, amazing strike/deflection.

Serious action at the end there.

Sorry to see some teams stay up and the often entertaining Blackpool go down.

Well done United. And Wigan!

Nice one Wigan. pie-eater will be a happy one this morning.

Looking at all the images of fans from different clubs etc - all the passion, the heartache, the love and all that. It's a beautiful thing.

groovy