The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

spurs winning 1-0.....got a soft spot for Spurs, I do

actually just found out that Chelsea equalised in the minute I took to walk up stairs....doh!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
The referee Andre Marriner and most of the players carried on playing, with Gomes throwing out the ball, before the official realised that his assistant, Mike Cairns, had given the goal. The Chelsea fans went into belated celebration while Tottenham’s players crowded Marriner in protest.

“The linesman’s had a guess, really,†Redknapp said. “It’s impossible to see from where he is. It’s an honest guess but he guessed wrong. He made a mistake. It happens all the time and if we don’t get the technology it is going to keep happening.

"It takes five seconds to make the right decision.†With the crowd goading him at his every touch, Gomes looked drained of confidence. The assistant might have made the mistake but the goalkeeper had put his team in that position.

Absolutely crazy they can't confirm with a video. Takes a few seconds.

That sort of stuff really stings if it happens against your team!

Controversy aside, Chelsea did play better than Spurs.

The Arse / Utd game tonight should be good.

Decent time too, just after 10pm.

The bollocks that went on yesterday makes me think we will lose today because of some other nonsense. Almost bound to happen. It's a conspiracy! wink

Want to win of course but wouldn't be over worried with a draw today.

Yes it's pretty much the decider isn't it.

If Chelsea beat us next week, they will likely go on and win the title.

Last night was annoying, for 80 minutes United played as if they didn't care. Deserved to lose.

grandpa

Strange, they really didn't look up for it.

Yes I think next weeks game will pretty much decide it. United win or draw and it is surely theirs. Chelsea win and they go top on GD.

No it would not!!!

I'm disappointed.

United haven't been great this season at all, but this warm / cold is frustrating.

I think we should hold out at OT though.

That will be one big game though!

Rach don't worry, I'm sure you will scrape through, Man U have a great ability to pull a result out of thin air when they really need to. I'm a semi-neutral and its always good to see late season twists. If the clubs were in opposite positions I'd probably be rooting for Man U to overturn Chelski.......probably! razz