The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

And the Mirror has this

Chelsea are attempting to stage a massive transfer coup with a dramatic £60m bid for Liverpool striker Fernando Torres.

lol

I hope Dr Evil wades in with a more realistic number.

dr-evil.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grim news, but I guess you cant blame him after the past 2/3 years, he is not a local lad and he should really be playing for a team that is in the big games. It would be a massive loss if he leaves, and I guess now the chance of that is extremely high (LFC need the cash + he wants go = just a matter of time).

Quote:
Liverpool are bracing themselves for a new bid for Fernando Torres from Chelsea after rejecting a transfer request from the Spanish striker.

The Anfield club have already turned down a bid from Chelsea - thought to be about £35m-40m - for the 26-year-old.

"He's under a long-term contract. We expect him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool and its fans when he signed," said the Reds in a statement.

"He has submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected."

Torres, who joined Liverpool in 2007, has been linked with Chelsea before.

Handed in request!!

Rejected!!

Dejected!!
Quote:
The 26 year-old striker has stunned Liverpool by following up his verbal request to leave Anfield — delivered on Thursday — with a formal plea to leave. Initially Torres asked for Liverpool to at least negotiate with Chelsea. But his resolve has hardened in the last 48 hours and he wants to leave now.

Liverpool are adamant that Torres is not for sale and manager Kenny Dalglish has already told the player and the club’s owners that he will not agree to any deal.

Perhaps by next week he will be 'rewarded' by Liverpool for his 'loyalty' with an extra 40,000 pounds a week.

I think the idea of Torres leaving is worse than the reality.

After all, he's not really been with us this season has he much - both in terms of injury and 'in mind'.

Still, I don't like the idea but looks like I will have to get used to it.

Quote:
Liverpool have lined up a remarkable £50m worth of transfers for deadline day as they prepare for life without Fernando Torres. The plan includes moves for Ashley Young, Charlie Adam and Luis Suárez.

Chelsea are willing to pay cash to bring the disaffected Torres to Stamford Bridge in what would be a record transfer between two British clubs, although not the £50m that Liverpool are seeking, which equates to the release clause in the 26-year-old's contract should the Anfield club fail to qualify for the Champions League this season.

The Premier League champions are reluctant to lose Nicolas Anelka as part of the Torres transfer and the former France international does not wish to return to Anfield. Liverpool are not keen to have the young Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge included in the deal.

Chelsea were encouraged by reports that Liverpool would consider cash plus Anelka for Torres, seeing that as a sign that Liverpool's owner, Fenway Sports Group, was prepared to sanction the departure of the club's leading scorer. Liverpool, however, maintain that Torres is not for sale and they spent yesterday trying to convince the centre-forward that their plans tally with his ambitions; ambitions he feels have been undermined by a lack of spending on top-class players in recent years and which resulted in his official transfer request on Friday.

One story said Torres for 40M + Anelka, that would value Anelka at 10M which is overpriced for a 31/32 year old who we already (foolishly) rejected on a free(?) transfer 5 years or so ago.

Quote:
Chelsea will try to push through the signing of Fernando Torres on Monday with a stunning £95million transfer package they believe will trigger an escape clause in the Liverpool striker’s contract.
Roman Abramovich is ready to commit the staggering sum to secure the service of Torres, with £50m needed to activate the clause they are now confident exists.
A further £45m will be guaranteed to the 26-year-old in a five-year deal that would see him earn £175,000 a week.

95 million!

Mwuahaah muwahahahahahahah