The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id like to hear what gerrard says about it later.

im just gutted we didnt even get a chance in this game. the PK was so dubious and then the ref goes really over the top to give a red card in the next big call. i think webb needs to grow a pair and be able to handle a big crowd.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
i think webb needs to grow a pair and be able to handle a big crowd.

Yeah, like the World Cup final. confused
No pressure at all there.

Gerrard will probably say that he didn't intend to crush Carrick's legs with 2 feet off the ground.

Stop your moaning, Liverpool are just shite, they hardly deserve a Christmas card.

It wasn't a two footed challenge though....his 2 feet were off the ground but a 2 footed challenge is when a player jumps in with 2 feet together. The rules only state that a player should be sent off if the challenge was reckless......since it was a 50-50 like challenge the ball was there to be played and I don't think that the challenge was reckless IMO

I dunno Bobby, initially I thought the same, but looking at it again, Gerrard does lead with his 2 feet. If that happens then it is dangerous and he deserves to go. The pen was a joke, and if we are going by the letter of the law, Berbatov should've been booked for simulation. I'm sure Webb will look at it today and think that he shouldn't have given the pen. Unfortunately there is not time reset button and what's done is done.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
It was a harsh red card, especially bearing in mind the harsh PK. A little common sense to show a yellow would have preventing ruining the game.

lol

That makes me laugh.

A little common sense on the part of the CAPTAIN of Liverpool might be better called for.

And WFT does 'especially bearing in mind...' mean? They are totally unrelated incidents and one should not bear on the other.

Well, when someone scores against Wigan I always feel that the ref should give us something in return to try and balance the game up and prevent ruining it. Damn refs, they don't often do that. But they should!!

grandpa

Personally I dislike Gerrard very much.

I think he's a dirty slimy chap and can't really see why he doesn't have a generally worse reputation than he does given all his diving and antics that he gets up to. He is one of the worse high profile 'cheats' out there.

That was a clear two footer and it was hilarious to see him get sent off. And justified.

What's the ban for a straight red in an FA cup game?

The grim-ness continues.

The penalty. Unlucky to get that, I think Webb made a mistake. Though it did look like Berbatov was clipped and momentum brought him down and I don't think he's a diver normally. Still harsh though.

The red card. Unfortunately, correct decision. I wish Gerrard would take that out of his game.

We just didn't bring much to the game, though we improved in the second half. United didn't get out of the low gears.