The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

Even thought I dislike Manchester United, would hate to see any team destroyed by debt, or crippled so they can't run properly like Liverpool.

Perhaps I am being naive in this day and age of consumerism and corporate owned teams, but when I look at Arsenal, and see a successful team that is run properly, without millions of pounds in debt, and supports the local community, I have to wonder why other teams can't be run that way too?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crappy Spanish papers are trying to stir things up with (probably made up) reports that Rooney has told his advisors to end talks to extend his contract.

He's really isn't that bright though is he.

On the endless why are England crap debate, Rooney to Barcelona and Cashley to Real would probably be a step in the right direction. It's probably too late for Gerrard, Lampard, Rio etc.

Quote:
The Liverpool ownership saga has taken an astonishing twist with reports suggesting Mill Financial have effectively taken over the club.

The US hedge fund are alerady in control of George Gillett's half of shares in Liverpool and there are now suggestions they have taken Tom Hicks' shares, which effectively puts them in control of the club as long as they pay the money owed to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Should Mill Financial pay off RBS, Robert Peston of the BBC has confirmed that the deal in place for NESV to buy Liverpool is dead in the water.

Still following it?!?

Congratulations to Mr Justice Swift for beating down the Yank ruling. He said that the decision in Texas has no authority over this issue which is English and has been decided in English courts by English law. Good....bye bye bad Yanks!

It's over now

"That's it. The deal is finally done. New England Sports Ventures (headed by John W Henry) are the new owners of Liverpool after completing a takeover worth £300m. Tom Hicks and George Gillett are fuming and asking for $1.6billion in damages after an "extraordinary swindle" but they had to give up the ghost after RBS turned down their offer to finally pay off the club's £200m debt."

They'll probably have a stonking game.