The FOOTBALL Thread (2010-2011)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These dudes really are living in some unreal fantasy scenario. It's difficult to imagine what it must be like being paid so much and living the lifestyle they do. But you don't have to be - or turn into - a grade A cock.... look at someone like Scholes, for example.

That story has been in the rumours for a while.

Apart from thinking he's a scumbag, I don't really care as long as it doesn't affect on the pitch. But it perhaps has and explained the last few months.

Quote:
The next time Jenny saw Rooney was at a party in Rio Ferdinand's Rosso Italian restaurant.

"I went with a few girls and the whole team were there," recalled Jenny. "They were all very drunk.

"We hadn't arranged to meet but Wayne spotted me int the crowd. About half hour later he held my hand in front of everyone and led me away down these stairs.

Michael Owen was looking at him in disgust. Wayne made no effort to be discreet and I was embarrassed.

What did Michael Owen's marketing brochure say. Loyal, nice guy,...?
lol

I think there's a ton of bull in those articles, some things seem impossible re: timing.
The very basic facts seem like they are true though.
Quote:
Wayne Rooney used a text message to inform his wife Coleen about allegations that he repeatedly cheated on her with a prostitute.

The England striker delivered the devastating blow as Coleen was at the hairdresser’s preparing for a family celebration.
He warned that 21-year-old Jennifer Thompson had come forward to claim she had sex with him at the same time as Coleen was expecting their son Kai, now ten months old.

‘Coleen had been getting her hair done on Saturday when Wayne texted her to break the news. He’s a coward for hiding behind a text message, especially when they’d been together earlier that day.’

Got to be made up, surely.
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
All the "quality newspapers" have a new Rooney story today.
Seems he was shagging some 1000 quid a night prostitute while Colleen was preggers.
Oh dear.... what a complete tool.

Would it have made a difference if she wasn't pregnant?

Originally Posted By: scouser
These dudes really are living in some unreal fantasy scenario. It's difficult to imagine what it must be like being paid so much and living the lifestyle they do. But you don't have to be - or turn into - a grade A cock.... look at someone like Scholes, for example.

We are talking about BOYS in their early 20s to early 30s. Everyone knows we dont start growing up until 35. Once the world gets their head around that and stops all these ridiculous expectations and let boys be boys, the world and the game will be a better place smile

Don't you think so?

Parading yourself around with a prostitute when your wife is back home about to give birth to your baby. Do you not think that is particularly low scumbagish?

I sure do.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
We are talking about BOYS in their early 20s to early 30s. Everyone knows we dont start growing up until 35. Once the world gets their head around that and stops all these ridiculous expectations and let boys be boys, the world and the game will be a better place smile

Don't be ridiculous, that kind of argument really annoys me.
Pathetic.
Originally Posted By: rach
Don't you think so?

Rach I don't see the difference in if she was pregnant or not. He still hooked up with a hooker and wasnt discrete. Maybe these guys should be banned from getting married until they retire, that might remove all the moral conflict the public has with them.

PS sorry to annoy you Rach, respect your view but its a fact across all codes of sport and the greater community. These guys arent paid to be role models, thats a father's job. They are paid to be footballers. Bit like how lame rock stars are these days.
Originally Posted By: rach
Don't you think so?

Parading yourself around with a prostitute when your wife is back home about to give birth to your baby. Do you not think that is particularly low scumbagish?

I sure do.

Agreed - very embarrassing when one of my "friends" did it, and gave him hell for it. Told me to mind my own business. We are no longer friends.

Rach I feel you may have missed my point. I see no difference in whether she was pregnant or not, its still cheating and made worse that he was stupid enough to not only to do it in the 1st place but get caught. All good though and like anywhere we all have different points of view. I'd never do anything like that, even in 15 or so trips to Indo never even had a "happy ending" so before judging me, maybe get to know me.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Rooney is a father. With that responsibility comes being a role model.

TOTALLY AGREE.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
These guys arent paid to be role models, thats a father's job. They are paid to be footballers. Bit like how lame rock stars are these days.

While they aren't, they do have people who look up to them, to be like them, to do what they do, to be who they are. They are constantly in the public eye, with intrusion in their public life. They get paid tens of, sometimes hundreds, thousands pounds a month. They are role models if they like it or not.

Rooney is a father. With that responsibility comes being a role model.