I see Office 2010 is released next week.

Still using the version before 2007 and so recently downloaded the demo and been using that on my other computer. Actually quite like it.

I thought I'd just say that. Nearly time for a new computer would be good to get that on it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying for the most expensive software and deploying copies enterprise wide is the only way to go. How else will you get your tax break? And who's gonna support it if you don't buy Platinum service from MS.

I also like whistles and bells.

OpenOffice just doesn't have many of them.

It's not just familiarity thursday, it's simply not as good.

But you might expect that for something that costs nothing.

Of course I realise how uncool that comment is. doh

Please post mocking comments below. Thank you.

Oh yeah, and OpenOffice doesn't help with the tax either. wink

A mate has just got Win 7 and Office 2010 from our employer (at staff prices) and will be playing silly buggers this weekend, setting up his iMac with boot camp and win7.

He's impressed! Expecially as O2010 hasn't been oficially released here yet.

I actually downloaded the demo or whatever you call it version a month or so ago on a computer that didn't have any word processor on it - mainly because I needed it at that moment!

I like it, definitely a big improvement on 2003, though with 7 years I suppose you should really expect that!

I wonder when my demo version will conk out.

My employer (Gov Department in a State instrumentality) has only just managed to upgrade to Office 2007! We'll likely get to 2010 by the time the 2015 version gets out!

Go figger!

Seems strange that they didn't upgrade to the new version.

Why was that? A cost thing? Is 2007 much cheaper now? Surely it can't be because of the old "there's always loads of bugs in new software" argument?