I hope this is OK to put up here.

The HCC has officially been established and we welcome anybody to come and play.

Training is every Thursday afternoon and games are played every Saturday afternoon. We also have a kids and ladies clinic every Tuesday.

• SnowJapan Admin

General point, not particularly directed just at this, but...

Rather than post something starting with "I hope it is ok to put up here" or "I hope this doesn't get taken down", it's probably best to simply ask us if it's ok.

We're actually really friendly*.

That way, any possible 'situation' will be avoided.

Anyway have fun.

friend

* Most of the time. To most people. wink

Originally Posted By: thursday
I used to play cricket. Even had all the creamy white gear.

When I was 15, I took 4 wickets in one over. Shouldn't take advantage of wheelchaired kids I suppose lol

All comers are invited, wheelchairs and all. We have had people from many countries who have never seen let alone played the game who catch on pretty quickly.

The same Canadian got me out twice this week doh

Hey, I have never ever claimed I was any good at cricket. It's all just a bit of fun while we all wait for the next snow season.

Up this way we have cricket, rugby and soccer teams to choose from during the summer. Also have a gym in town now and quite a few of the ladies and surprising number of guys are attending a few classes of yoga each week. There's also an active cycling group who seem to spend ridiculous amounts of time out on the road, mostly made up of the managing directors of companies in town. Of course there's plenty who regularly play golf also on the numerous courses nearby or like myself play park golf. For those not so active there's the weekly poker night. Weekends if not involved in the above sports are spent hiking, camping, horse riding, mtn biking, kayaking, etc and of course plenty of BBQ's. Last weekend we actually had a genuine NZ hangi! All in all gotta love summer!!

Yep pretty much the same down here GN. I think mountain biking is taking off and paragliding is growing. Gym, cricket and fishing for me with the odd day in the surf when the storms come through. Do you get any waves around your way?

It takes about 45 minutes to get to the coast at Itoigawa and then about 25 minutes to get to a good break that I have been to a few times now. It is all storm generated so you need to keep an eye on the weather systems. I have seen some decent size waves up there but mostly small stuff. The storms can bring a lot of wood down to the ocean. I paddled over a full size pine tree once. Looking forward to heading down to Kochi again later this year. Some good breaks down there.

Yeah there's some waves around the place from what I'm told. This time of year mostly down around Tomokamai or Oshamanbe facing onto the Pacific. Sea of Japan side pretty calm this time year from what I can tell.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Up this way we have cricket, rugby and soccer teams to choose from during the summer. Also have a gym in town now and quite a few of the ladies and surprising number of guys are attending a few classes of yoga each week. There's also an active cycling group who seem to spend ridiculous amounts of time out on the road, mostly made up of the managing directors of companies in town. Of course there's plenty who regularly play golf also on the numerous courses nearby or like myself play park golf. For those not so active there's the weekly poker night. Weekends if not involved in the above sports are spent hiking, camping, horse riding, mtn biking, kayaking, etc and of course plenty of BBQ's. Last weekend we actually had a genuine NZ hangi! All in all gotta love summer!!

Might have to challenge you guys up there to a game...
Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
I simply cannot believe that people can play cricket in Hakuba. Isn't it all, like, vertical? Surely there are no areas level enough in the whooooole area.
wakaranai

rollabout

Theres a piece of machinery called a bulldozer. We were able to sort out a pitch in the side of the mountain. Quite beautiful actually. It will take a while for all the grass to grow and for the turf wicket to really harden up and level out but all up we are pretty pleased with ourselves.

Actually there is quite a lot of flat land in the south of the valley, mainly used as rice paddies.

The Snow Harp Olympic cross country ski stadium as an excellent sports ground. (probably bigger than the MCG)

But seriously jokes aside I bet it's great being outside playing cricket or football or whatever in places like that.

thumbsup