So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
If you settle into a place for a month or so they usually can give you a really good deal. One place I stayed in last season was 1500Y a night.

Thanks BM, that's exactly the kind of beta I was looking for. Much appreciated. If you have a second to disclose your other "alternative" places to stay, such as the one mentioned above, it would be much, much appreciated. If not allowed to do this on the forum, see if you can send a PM, though I'm not sure I'm authorized to PM yet since I'm a newbie on SJ.

Thank you thank you thank you!

(BTW, are you from a place called Black Mountain? If so, whereabouts?)

-Cheers-

Hey QC, the place I was talking about isn't listed on this site so I won't be posting it in the thread. I'll try and PM you the details... It's a Japanese website though.

I'm not from a place called black mountain... but i used to help run a record label in Canada called Black Mountain Music.

Edit: Tried to PM but can't do it yet! We'll try again later smile

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
flight booked to Sapporo for 12/21

Will be at the black diamond lodge for the 2010/11 season. Come say hi and ski! Probably doing a lot in and around hirafu, rusutsu, teine, etc.

Would love to meet some of the SJers in and around Hokkaido.

planning to join a tour with them so my see you in early Jan. thumbsup .
however, this constanting watching of weather forecasts, especially Niseko snow forecasts is beginning to stress me out

Thanks BM. Not sure how many posts I need to have in order for PMs to work. I assume it's also not a such a great idea to provide an e-mail address on here. Hmm... confused I'll keep posting and see what materializes.

Catch up with you later, BM. Thanks for the 411!

Jen

• SnowJapan Admin

Friendly, I would hope so! friend

Anyway, I did post this in another thread, but just in case:

About PMs. I have noticed a lot of talk about them in a few threads recently. It takes a while for new members to get access to those. But we are also having some issues with them for some accounts and frankly why it is happening is eluding us.

To say that we are extremely busy doing a lot of things is almost an understatement... lots of things that are for the general benefit of the site and for a large number of people using it. The sheer volume of stuff that we are working on is actually at times a bit overwhelming, but we are doing our very best to constantly improve the site and put up new stuff etc.

So I am sorry that I have to say that individual Private Message issues really are not exactly top of the list of our priorities, so you will just have to bear with us on that front. It would be good if we could not please keep on bringing it up in multiple threads all the time as well. We are aware that there are some issues and it is on our list of things to do.

Thanks for your understanding.

friend

• SnowJapan Admin
Originally Posted By: SJ-David
Friendly, I would hope so! friend

Anyway, I did post this in another thread, but just in case:

About PMs. I have noticed a lot of talk about them in a few threads recently. It takes a while for new members to get access to those. But we are also having some issues with them for some accounts and frankly why it is happening is eluding us.

To say that we are extremely busy doing a lot of things is almost an understatement... lots of things that are for the general benefit of the site and for a large number of people using it. The sheer volume of stuff that we are working on is actually at times a bit overwhelming, but we are doing our very best to constantly improve the site and put up new stuff etc.

So I am sorry that I have to say that individual Private Message issues really are not exactly top of the list of our priorities, so you will just have to bear with us on that front. It would be good if we could not please keep on bringing it up in multiple threads all the time as well. We are aware that there are some issues and it is on our list of things to do.

Thanks for your understanding.

friend

My apologies. I meant to also add - if you are having problems, please let us know by email and we will look into it and if there is a clear solution we will try to fix it up for you. Been a long few days! Thanks.
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Just scored all of Feb off if I want it. Stoked. Feb 10-20 is already booked for Niseko but may have to hit somewhere else besides Hakuba as there Dec 30 for 11 days.

Hope you can make some time to come play with us pp wave I am going to hunt down GN while we are there this time too coolmirrors LOOK OUT GN!!!!!
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Just scored all of Feb off if I want it. Stoked. Feb 10-20 is already booked for Niseko but may have to hit somewhere else besides Hakuba as there Dec 30 for 11 days.

That's awesome Pete, see you in Feb! Does anyone know where I can get an open-ended ticket or fully refundable one? I have enough money to prove I can sustain myself and buy a return flight but apparently immigration NEEDS documentation of when you are leaving the country.

lastminute.com ?

After yesterday's announcement of cheap days, have tried to scrape some money together for perhaps 3 days in Hakuba in Feb. So maybe some minuscule semblance of a season, but still, a few days on the slopes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Originally Posted By: wendy-cake
No plans.
They will arrive the week or so before I get out there.
hoping to visit these places this year

Hakuba
Sugadaira
Minakami
Yuzawa
Myoko

Oh dear.
Breaking my ankle scrapped that lot.
Onto 11/12!
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend had a magnificent winter planned last time round.... 2 weeks in Japan, 1 week in Switzerland, 3 weeks in Canada. He broke his leg the week before the first of those. What makes it worse was he broke his leg basically falling down the stairs!

doh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Literally just been put onto the idea of "Japan" by a friend who sent me this forums link a few days ago.

Been looking round.

Looks awesome.

Damn you. Damn you all to hell!! Now I want to spend lots of cash getting to Japan!!