So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Am trying to swing a month or 2 in Hokkaido in Jan/Feb, with a stop at Hakkoda on the way! In the meantime, I'm planning a mid-December trip to Hakuba and a little jaunt to Yeti this coming Friday!!

Hi all, this is my first post. It's my last winter in Japan (was here last year too) as my contract is finishing and I need to get a REAL job somewhere probably back home in Aus.

Heading to Hakuba December 23 to December 30 (8 days). Going to stay at Mont Blank (anyone stayed here?) so will mostly explore 47/Goryu, but want to try some other resorts too. Recommendations? Iwatake? Cortina/Norikura?

Went to Happo and Tsugaike last year. Tsugaike was AMAZING for beginner/intermediates like me and my girlfriend. Will visit for a day during this trip too.

Also planning to visit Myoko Kougen (Suginohara), Nozawa Onsen and Shiga Kougen later in the season on extended weekend trips. Good idea? This may be my last snow season in Japan for many years!! :(

Thanks Snow Japan and everyone for all the good info on this site.

Just booked a place in Hakuba for 5 days in February.

Was surprised I contacted about 7 places I liked the look of and all of them could accommodate me. There was no need to panic!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a ski all you want pass for my daughter and I for Dec and Mar at our local ski jo, just 10,000 yen per person. Only a very small ski jo, but at 10000 yen and can go every day in dec and march for that price was to go an opportuniity to miss.

Also got cheap tickets for Koumi and Nobeyama too.

Probably will be going to Hakuba or Shiga Kogen early January with some friends, and then various other large resorts in Feb when my Brother comes here for two weeks.

well I got my plane ticket last week and the plan is to spend one full day in Tokyo then fly north to Niseko for 7 days smile I almost have enough for the deposit for the accommodation so I can knock that off next payday then I have to save up for 2 nights hotel in Tokyo and play money for the trip

the trip will be in Feb

Okay we are well and truly finalised now I THINK

Furano 10 days

Tomamu 2 days

Asahikawa 4 days - Kamui Links, Asahidake, Zoo, Ice Festival

Niseko 10 days

Will be hiring a car in Asahikawa to get around.

CAN'T WAIT - OH AND WE'RE FLYING BUSINESS CLASS clap

Hi SH

Gee must have been a tough year did you put aphrodisiacs in the local water supply rollabout

Me

8days in Rusutsu with the Family

7days in Hakuba 30/12-6/1 by myself and (I need some friends)

Seemore