So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

Star wars my man. smile Hokk = hoth.

Plus, hokk sounds weird, and im somewhat lazy so hokkaido is an ordeal to type. Hence, hoth it is!

What? You asked! razz

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: ippy
Three or so weeks in Hoth swimming in powder smile Either basing at asahikawa and hitting up mainly Kamui, or basing at furano. It makes a change from last years epic JR mission (2 days hamamatsu, 1 week hakuba (mainly spent drunk and hungover), 2 days nozawa, 2 days zao, 4 days niseko, and 2 days tokyo). Might as well add: 3 or 4 days on trains. :/

Also probably gonna try and make it to High1 this year (korea) instead of muju. Aiming for around 25ish days, nothing too fancy, but hopefully basing at one place might mean i spend the brunt of it riding and not knackered from riding trains. smile

More time at less places is one thing I have learnt as I get older. Losing travel days suck unless they are rest days.

It was nice in that i got to see zao, nozawa and niseko in one season (but arguably spent way more time at hakuba than i intended - inertia and all that). Would have honestly loved a couple more days at nozawa, and probably needed a couple more days at zao because my day 1 experience was miserable. It needed more time to exorcise that demon. All in though, when i sat at niseko (and only had 3.5 days left before i had to JR back to fukuoka - epic travel mission), i relaised id made a daft mistake smile

Originally Posted By: ippy
Star wars my man. smile Hokk = hoth.

Plus, hokk sounds weird, and im somewhat lazy so hokkaido is an ordeal to type. Hence, hoth it is!

What? You asked! razz

I'll take your word for it! biggrin

Seems like I'll be flying solo this year. Looking to spend the beginning of my vacation in Hokkaido Dec. 20 ~ 28 in Niseko and then back to Honshu for the rest. Anyone going to be in Niseko during that time and want to hangout with me? I'll show you a good time!! evilgrin

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Seems like I'll be flying solo this year. Looking to spend the beginning of my vacation in Hokkaido Dec. 20 ~ 28 in Niseko and then back to Honshu for the rest. Anyone going to be in Niseko during that time and want to hangout with me? I'll show you a good time!! evilgrin

Yes BM, I will. If you don't do that grin ever again! biggrin

What worries me most is I am not going to find someone to ride with every day I want to. I hate riding alone especially when I get the urge to hit certain things that could potentially mess me up a bit. I'm sure there are a lot of freeriders though, would just hate to be held back riding stuff because I couldn't find anyone to spot.

Well, while I'm there I can get into any terrain with you. Not trying to toot my own horn but I usually have trouble finding people to go riding with that want to get into the same terrain as me. Once I get everything confirmed I'll send you a PM with my contact details.

It's looking less likely that I'll make it to Japan this year. Money is a bit tighter than usual this year. And I heard the other day that the Yen is at a 15 year high against the dollar! Makes me sad =(

Originally Posted By: kokodoko
thanks terdsday..

no work, just play.

Hey Koko...didn't you break your leg the last time you went skiing in Japan?!

Glad you are getting a chance to come back and enjoy it this time!!
80 days!! veryshocked
That's more than my #2!