So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

Not looking for a "wild night out" - us is pushing 60 and prefer a long night in.

However, I'd like to see the 2010/11 coupons when they are available. Also not much into hire equipment - we've both got our own stuff. Lunch discounts sound like the go to me!

Any idea when the new season coupons will be available?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My update is:

10th-18th January 2010 - Hakuba

18th-25th January 2010 - Niseko

25th-26th January 2010 - Tokyo

Mama, Papa, #3son-BFG/13 and #4son-PowderBaby/11

#2 son will be in Niseko all of Jan/Feb

#1 son (Reaper) as yet undecided.

Booked in deposit paid ,flight done, saving waiting for the dollar to go up hopefully,Hakuba 8 days.Muma Bear is cub #2 doing the snow board school in Niseko ? My #2 son wants to go in 2012 I am looking for info about it for him so he can plan and start saving.Any info would be appreciated.

Hey there Roscoe.

Good to hear you are booked in for 2011 fun smile

Yes #2 is booked in to the Snowtrainers Course 8 weeks Snowboard Instructors Course, Niseko.

#2 is going with a mate and they are both quite excited about a whole two months in Niseko and two months worth of tips and skills training.

The course fee includes accommodation and breakfast and season lift pass etc, so all your son needs to save for is airfares, extra accommodation either side if he wishes, lunches and dinners, beer money and wanton spending money.

Your son wont need to book until Aussie Winter next year for the following season so I will let ya know how the course went for #2 when he gets home.

Looks like Reaper will be in Niseko in Feb.

And there are a group of about 5 who want to organize a trip.

One of last years crew is working in Niseko this season - another one falls in love with Hokkaido biggrin

Yep, I stayed at Pension Kanon last year. There's a central area where they serve breakfast in the morning (included in the price). They've got a TV with satellite and you can hang out there. But I never really saw anyone in there after breakfast, seemed like most people just kept to their rooms. I was there solo so was kinda bummed about that. Plenty of bars around if you want to hang out, just louder of course.

All in all I liked the place though, I'd book again.

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
Yep, I stayed at Pension Kanon last year. There's a central area where they serve breakfast in the morning (included in the price). They've got a TV with satellite and you can hang out there. But I never really saw anyone in there after breakfast, seemed like most people just kept to their rooms. I was there solo so was kinda bummed about that. Plenty of bars around if you want to hang out, just louder of course.

All in all I liked the place though, I'd book again.

Yeah will be there by myself too so having a communal area where folks hang to meet and chat etc is something I look for. Still its looking like that's the place to stay for me. Just struggling a little to stay at "Australia Place" which is my other current option, only because of the name smile

BM can you meet her on her week off and spoil her? That way your second week should be really enjoyable.

Three or so weeks in Hoth swimming in powder smile Either basing at asahikawa and hitting up mainly Kamui, or basing at furano. It makes a change from last years epic JR mission (2 days hamamatsu, 1 week hakuba (mainly spent drunk and hungover), 2 days nozawa, 2 days zao, 4 days niseko, and 2 days tokyo). Might as well add: 3 or 4 days on trains. :/

Also probably gonna try and make it to High1 this year (korea) instead of muju. Aiming for around 25ish days, nothing too fancy, but hopefully basing at one place might mean i spend the brunt of it riding and not knackered from riding trains. smile

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
raaaaaaaaa..... Planning trips are complicated when you have different holidays from your significant other. Hoping to be in Niseko for at least 2 weeks but she only has a week off... what to do what to do...

Tell her you'll write daily...and not to worry about having dinner ready when you get home! biggrin