So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I wasn't sure were to put this photo but I really wanted to show you my mountain, went for the first time this season last weekend, just got over 1meter base now, 135cm YAY

38070_463141282344_621572344_6049930_616

Sunset beer this evening (just made it) included full view of Fuji. Seems very, very early for that. Hugh sun flare going on, aurora visible down in what Alaskans call the Lower 48. Alien abductions anyone? It's going to be a long, deep-snow season!

was down the beach at lunch time today, and while Fuji wasn't visible, the Tanzawa mountains were and so was the whole of the Izu peninsula......definitely a rare thing at this time of year. Yesterday, again down the beach, Fuji started to peek her head through the clouds about 3pm and made for a nice sunset

lol!

Gosh, less than 5 months to go until I'm in Japan.

We're nearly settled for approx 5th Jan - 20th Jan.

Thinking now about basing ourselves in Kyoto for a few days, making a day trip to Kakogawa instead of a few days there and then heading somewhere to ski before our week in Noz.

So SO excited about the snow and the friken fire festival!

Come to think of it it's mid August already !

Don't know if we will get to Japan but,

Just thinking it's only (maybe) 2 months (and a bit) till it snows making me very excited.

Flying in to Osaka on 12th Feb Most likly go to Hakuba for 7 days.Had a look at some of the ski feilds further south but unsure about them.then back to Osaka for 3 days to check it out.Any advise on the southern ski resorts would be welcome. Yes I have been looking on the SJ pages.But you can not beat the info from members that have been there. wink

Plans for 10-11 - Nozawa for a week and Shiga for a week as we intro others to it but oh for the 3rd week - who can help out with a worthwhile destination between Nagano and Narita. We will be 15 down to 4 by then and really want to go somewhere that we haven't been before.