So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

Well done Mitch..

I am working the numbers on my Main 7 night Japan trip in Feb (stuck at work with the australian open in jan (and the flights cost more)) I have a 2 night trip to perisher and I have a plan for a trip to christchurch in mid aug but I may burn that trip to a) secure the main trip in feb or B) it may allow me to save up a shorter trip to Tokyo (how are the fields near tokyo at mid Dec ?)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: shadowtec
Well done Mitch..

I am working the numbers on my Main 7 night Japan trip in Feb (stuck at work with the australian open in jan (and the flights cost more)) I have a 2 night trip to perisher and I have a plan for a trip to christchurch in mid aug but I may burn that trip to a) secure the main trip in feb or B) it may allow me to save up a shorter trip to Tokyo (how are the fields near tokyo at mid Dec ?)

Good luck Shadow and if I get the job I will be guiding a little bit so anyone is welcome to come check it out hopefully will get to go with me!
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
eyes smile eyes

Thanks guys if somehow I get the visa you guys are always welcome to come take a guided tour or prepared meal from me smile

So you got a job as a dish pig and will know where the late opening bar is? smile

Congrats mate, hope it all comes off for you!
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Think I may have landed a dream job in Niseko!

Just need to somehow get proof I instructed for 3 years so they can sponsor me a visa! Real excited about this one biggrin

Don't forget that they're looking for 36 months of instructing experience, not 3 years/winters of instructing.

In most countries that's between 8-9 seasons of instructing.

Good luck.

My cousin is visting from Jan 30th for 2 weeks, he wants to do snowboarding, so I'm toying with the idea of another Hokkaido trip at that time or just a couple of short Honshu trips....hmmmm options, options

I did Niseko from Tokyo twice this Jan-Feb, I suppose I'll be lucky to do it more than once this coming season, but I'm thinking of doing a whole week there. Previously we were leaving Tokyo early-mid week, but I think there's no point. Will spend some extra cash and go up there from a weekend to a weekend.

Also, gotta get to Zao this season - any recs for the best place to stay when I do that. The best way to make myself go is to book something early with friends who are as keen as I am...

SdS

Yeah SDS thats what works for me too. If we stand around talkng about it, I never end up going, usually because I haven't put the money away to do it, but if I book it early then I'll pay it up and be ready for when it comes around

Yeah, paid the deposit now and looking forward to it.

Last time kid just wanted to play in the snow and didn't want to ski, eventhough his instructor was HOT!!! Even my wife said she was a very pretty girl. (really? I hadn't noticed).

Where to thursday? Zao?

With lots of good places within an hour of where I live (near Nagano), I won't plan until I see what the weather's like the night before dance

Decided to take a week up in Hokkaido in early March.

Hope it keeps good for then couldn't go any earlier.

Waiting to book in December.