So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ... not August.

Christmas in July is big.

And funnily enough I actually have Santa in my chimney right now.

One of the kids had a mate over who is a little special, and he was checking every little nook and cranny of the lounge room out, and when he opened the chain curtains on the fireplace he squealled with delight "Oh my goodness, Michelle, you have Santa Claus in your chimney"

Whoops....looks like I forgot to pack Santa away in my hurry to get over to Japan last December. doh

Hmmm. I am very confused now.

Actually I think I am destined to be confused about things in general today. (See customer service thread in Off Topic)

doh

Really depends on what happens this summer. It looks like I'll be heading back to Indonesia for a month or so... I'll have to consult my wallet when I get back.

I'm hoping to get to Hokkaido again. Thinking about driving up there so I can hit up a few different resorts. Then the usual weekend warrior stuff in Myoko, Hakuba, and Shiga Kogen...

I'm hoping to get out and about further afield more this time round. I stayed put too much this last season, though with Nozzles, Shiga Kogen nearby it's not a bad place to be. wink

Need to make more of an effort.

I'm going to be spending a week in Myoko.

And perhaps 5-6 days in Shiga Kogen.

Not fixed up yet but there's no rush, will sort the details out later in fall.

Other than that, days around here I reckon and then anything else I can get out of the season.

Ok looking like I will definitely still be here for at least next winter. I'd like to explore more backcountry peaks so want to head up to Asahidake, Kurodake, Tokachidake and would love to do a trip up to Rishiri Island and climb the peak there. As far as resorts go I'd like to try Sapporo kokusai and Tomamu.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
We will be making it to Japan this season, touch wood.

A number of guest beers in a lovely country pub in Hertfordshire this coming weekend to discuss it.

thumbsup

Great. Any ideas what you might end up doing?

Flying in Osaka on 12th feb spending 3 days sight seeing then off to the snow.Think it will be Hakuba for 7 days.Would like to try the areas closer to Osaka but unsure of there snow quality and area.if they are big enough for that length of time.Have been checking out the SJ pages on the area .But would appreciate any feed back from any one who the southern area. Thanks Rosco

Not sure but thinking about it and would love to go.

Trying to get a 2 week space sometime mid-January but it might be a few months before I can actually make a move on things.