So, what's your 2010/2011 Japan ski plans then?

May be a bit early, but lets doing anyway.. slow day at work!

Here's my provisional plan, none of it booked yet.

I'll be doing that around November.

6 days in Niseko (Jan)

5 days in Hakuba (Feb)

3-4 days in Zao (not sure when)

As many day trips/weekends in places like Yuzawa, Minakami as possible

Hope to get to 20 if possible any more a bonus.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Places I will make an effort to get to:

Myoko

Hakuba

Shiga Kogen

Zao

Alts Bandai

Marunuma Kogen

Kawaba

Tenjindaira

Other places I would like to get to, but may well not:

Hakkoda

Shizukuishi

Tazawako

Anywhere else new!

Local places I will definitely get to:

Maiko

Hakkai-san

Gala Yuzawa

Ishiuchi Maruyama

sadface

Unless there is a miraculous turn around in the next few months we will likely be too broke after financing son #2's snowboard instructors course in the champagne pow of Niseko to afford a holiday for us for 10/11.

I shall focus on 11/12 thumbsup lol

My plans are a bit up in the air at the moment. The wife and I are seriously considering moving back to Aus. This consideration mainly being brought on by attempting to raise a child in a foreign country with no family support available. Still only in the thinking stages at the moment. I'd certainly love to spend another winter here at least but we'll see.

Bit of a surprise that GN! Thought you were talking of being there forebba.

My plans, not sure yet. Though I want to spend a week or so in Shiga Kogen.

Originally Posted By: sanjo

Certainly had no plans to ever leave but having a kid changes a lot of things. Not just myself to think about anymore!
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: sanjo

Certainly had no plans to ever leave but having a kid changes a lot of things. Not just myself to think about anymore!

WOW! I thought the same as sanjo when I read that.
But thumbsup to being a Dad and putting family first.
It must be making a significant impact being without that support for you guys to be considering that move.

ohh..and Pie Eater, the surgery update is that I am booked in for next tuesday - seeing the surgeon in half an hour and I am seriously going to pick his brain as whether he honestly thinks I can rehab and be on the snow in less than 4 weeks after the op ... otherwise I am going to cancel it and delay until September. I do not want to miss this season - I have been REALLY looking forward to it.

well gn if you sell sell up, let me know, maybe buy it off you. wink

mine are up in the air too, hopefully a few days somewhere, but need to finish off course first.

Lot of things I dislike about Aus for sure Jelly but lots of things I love too. If we go back we would be living in a beautiful coastal town a couple of hours south of Melbourne in a house with nothing between the beach and us but a road and a park. It's in an area we have done some investing over the years and also most of the landscape designs for new housing developments in the area have been done by our landscaping company. Would be a great place to live. Moving from a ski and snow lifestyle to a beach and surf one, wouldn't be too bad! One thing about living here is that with deep snow cover around the house for 5-6 months each year our little girl is house bound a lot through the winter. She appears to love being outside. Anyway nothing decided yet, it's just an option we're considering. Obviously our families would love for us to live a little closer.

Hopefully I will be in Zao for most of the season.

I do hope to take a few weeks off though, I would like to go to Hokkaido and also another area.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
ohh..and Pie Eater, the surgery update is that I am booked in for next tuesday - seeing the surgeon in half an hour and I am seriously going to pick his brain as whether he honestly thinks I can rehab and be on the snow in less than 4 weeks after the op ... otherwise I am going to cancel it and delay until September. I do not want to miss this season - I have been REALLY looking forward to it.

Ah, that silly snowing in summer thing going on I see. wink

Gambatte with the op and whatnot.

Unfortunately, it looks like my family and I wont make Japan or anywhere this year... I suppose it would help the finances not going, but I will be missing it the whole time I could be there and aren't...

After the debts are paid off, I'm looking at going to Europe for the Euro 2012 as well as a bit of touring.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Originally Posted By: Mamabear

Ah, that silly snowing in summer thing going on I see. wink

Gambatte with the op and whatnot.

BUT IT'S NOT SUMMER DOWN HERE! lol

Well it has been decided. Tuesday the 8th I get my shoulder attacked, a subacromial decompression - now I reckon my surgeon must be bloody good because everything I have read has a 6 week recovery shedule - and he reckons I will be sliding down the Thredbo Supertrail on the 4th of July with no real problems. Not perfect, and I have to work hard with the rehab for the three odd weeks - but seeing as I have boarded with 2 cracked ribs before he thinks this will be a walk in the park for me. Sure hope he is right!

At least if we DO manage to scrape the cash together to duck over for some Northern Hemi White gold I wont be battling with shoulder impingement anymore.