How fast do you ride? Wouldn't you like to know?

Do you like this poll?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Sun Peaks yes

210s i think, my friends 10 year old stiff as dynamics. I didnt even get to go off of the top man cause I got called to work suddenly at 2:30.

I came in second on the AM side the winner did 150 from the top bummer considering i was winning the whole day.

Scary as man watched 2 people wipe and slide and you can stop. you slide for a long time. Its now 100 bucks to race at peaks before it was 10 so I wont do it anymore.

keba's gps does the whole bit...speed, vert descent etc. in fact he's got a waypoint record of everywhere we have been on his laptop with lifts etc...and today scored a topographical map of niseko!

he is regularly clocking 80 clicks which I find fast enough. fastest on the seths this trip has been 92 i think. this is of course groomed green runs...previously he and my wife clocked just over 100 on a ski lesson..

slower when the vis is off ;\)

i reckon most adv skiers would easy cruise 60+ on piste

>100 would be way scary for me...

Big-Will, Toque is absolutely correct I am checking out the market. But don't worry no hard sell here. Assuming it makes it that far I'll let you know where you can pick it up if anyone is interested. But still some testing to be done. More details on the actual gizmo to come.

SubZero you've got the idea. It would tell you your speed once you stopped.

Thanks everyone for your input. If all goes well I should be back in a bit letting you know about what I think is one of the coolest new ski accessories to hit the market in years.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

was riding a set of 223cm ladys downhill skis about 7 years ago, got clocked at 134kms flying over a roll on a race course flew 47.3 meters only about 1.5m off the ground, man that felt cool.

Damn, that's one thing i miss about the skis - the ease of going fast. snowboards are just too inherantly unstable going in a straight line.

In the magazines, Marc-Andre Tarte was featured clocking 89.something km/h using radar gun, while on the run-in for the SPC summer camp 'super roller' kicker, which was pretty huge as you can imagine. this attracted atttention as it was SWITCH - and he was doing switch 1080s. yikes.

timex (and others) makes speedometer and odometer watches (with optional heartrate monitor and cadence meter) that use GPS but the stupid things can't be used for navigation. garmin makes one that has basic navigation but i'm not sure how useful it is.

as for how fast i've gone, i was doing mach speed on saturday and bailed when i fell back on my skis in a compression and couldn't pull back up. the bruise on my leg is the size of a tall can of beer, i don't know what that is in km/h but i'm damn curious.

back in whistler my friends and i would always wonder just how reckless we were being when we bombed down the hill through traffic (btw snowboarders stop in the worst places)