• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ain't just Japan but seems to be a norm her.

Meetings, long meetings, when no-one says anything other than one guy who reads out the contents of the documents we have in front of us --- WORD FOR WORD!! Asks for comments, and gets none. Nice 3 hours of everyones time wasted.

That is NOT a Japanese thing. People in authority positions seem to assume that heir underlings cannot read! Even in School staff meetings, we get stuff read to us that has been handed out for us to read.

FFS, I am University educated, surely, I can READ!

I have seen it quite a few times.

Quite funny.

Always funny seeing everyone suddenly slow down on sight of the cops. Well most people.

Beware there are a lot of undercover cars out there that will suddenly chase up people going mad speeds.

Originally Posted By: griller
This ain't just Japan but seems to be a norm her.

Meetings, long meetings, when no-one says anything other than one guy who reads out the contents of the documents we have in front of us --- WORD FOR WORD!! Asks for comments, and gets none. Nice 3 hours of everyones time wasted.

JFC that pisses me off, too! No paraphrasing. Just a waste of time rolleyes horse

Went to dinner last night with the new boss and one of the Department heads went on and on how good he was. The rest of us just rolled our eyes. He is an ex small time Comm Party head here and just cant leave that behind.

"Contests" like

Best jeanist

Best married couple

Best proposal contest

Best lipstick wearer

Best accessory wearer

etc

All with the same old talent flogging their sponsors wear of course

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
So glad I never have to go to any of those anymore!

I had one Monday that lasted 4:45 minutes. Had I done the entire meeting by myself, I could have finished it in an 1:30 easily. What is it with meetings in this country? rolleyes angry rolleyes

LOL! Just this morning one of my more 'progressive' thinking colleagues said to me "We better have the meeting anyway to keep up appearances" in reply to my statement "We have absolutely nothing to talk about in this meeting today". At least he didn't just try and pretend it was something important we had to do (like all of my other coworkers) We still ended up have an hour long meeting. In fact, there is another meeting going on right behind me as I type this but I'm refusing to acknowledge it's existance... Amazingly, it's nowhere near as bad as my old job.

I guess it cracks me up... in a make-me-want-to-go-crazy-and-crack-my-head-open kind of way.

Even if they did work efficiently the Japanese still work far more hours than really needed so may as well fill up some time with pointless meetings. Only makes sense!

Japanese tv drama:

- 5 minutes worth of story over 1 hour;

- lots of standing on bridgets talking to each other about 5m apart;

- usually in the rain

- shite acting

Anyone enjoying "Love Again"?