• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: 1
The use of the 'word' ザ   as in 'the'

Funny when it is used before some traditional Japanese.

I like ザ
  • 3 weeks later...

The "working man" "uniforms" that officials put on in times like this.

You know the ones. Usually a lovely (but workmanlike) shade of pale blue, or green, or grey. Always really clean and nicely ironed as well. I wonder if their Mums do that.

edano_DV_20110314051756.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tell you what cracks me up.

Those travel-style programmes on NHK where they have a roaming camera going round and talking to locals and people walking about. The Japanese commentary is like that - a childish commentary. But the guys and gals speaking are obviously answering questions that the dude there asked them.

Comes across as a bit creepy if you ask me.

yes they find some real characters on that show. i often wonder how much time they spend preparing and finding people to invite them into their homes. it looks sponteneous but sometimes i wonder if it isnt all pre-arranged.

once they did a behind the scenes show, and they got the guys in who do the camerawork and showed off how they do it.

the voiceover is really OTT, but it wouldnt be japanese tv without something OTT in it.

• 4 weeks later...

On TV when the lady presenters all line up with their hands in that 'in front' position, exactly in the right place.

Oh yes and the waving with both hands at the end of the program. On the less serious ones anyway.

Japan doesn't seem to get the meaning of cheesy/naff somehow. Either that or it just doesn't mind being naff.