• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: ger
So what's your "native language" then, Thursday? English, Cantonese?

Japanglish...

The other dayã¦ã†ã‹ã€ã‚ã¡ã‚ƒãã¡ã‚ƒbeautiful girlを見ã¦I thought I would 話ã™ã‚‹ã€€ï¼ã€€ã»ã‚“ã§ãªã She was like 日本語を分ã‹ã‚‹ã¿ãŸã„ã‚„ã‹ã‚‰ lets å‘‘ã¿ã«è¡Œã“ã†ï¼ I was like ãˆãˆã‚„ã‚“ãªãï¼ã€€We then left the 浜辺ã€ã§ã€ãã®å¥³ã®å­ã¯ I forgot my æºå¸¯ at my 家ã£ã¦è¨€ã£ãŸã‚“ã§ã€so we 彼女ã®ãƒžãƒ³ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³ã«è¡Œã£ã¦ã€‚。。ã¦ã‚†ã‹ã€ãれ以上を言ã†ã”無用やんãªï¼Ÿ :D 

Customs at Narita

Please can you open that bag so we can take a look inside.

OK.

What's this?

Some magazines.

[There were 3 magazines in a WHSmiths bag]

What are they for?

Er, reading.

How much are they worth?

About 700 yen each I guess.

And what's this?

A cake.

[it looks like... a cake]

What's it for?

Er, eating.

Is it for you?

Yes. It's my favourite cake, a Battenburg.

How much is it worth?

About 500 yen perhaps.

And how about this?

Cheese.

What's it for?

Eating.

For who?

Er, me.

How much was it?

About 800 yen I reckon.

What is this?

Horlicks.

So what is that?

A drink. Just add milk. It's yummy.

Is it for you?

Yes. Everything in the bag if for me.

Why are you bringing these things?

Because I want to consume them!

What else have you got in the bag?

Some CDs and DVDs.

Are they yours?

Yes.

Not someone elses?

Er, no.

How much?

I don't know, just a collection of my cds and dvds.

Any explosives or other naughty things on this list?

[shows me list]

No.

OK.

All this time about 20 people behind me getting increasingly annoyed, but not quite as tired and annoyed by this silliness as me.

I had a very similar conversation with a customs guy recently. ...Eventually it came to this:

"What's this?"

"Er... Condoms."

That was pretty much the conversation stopper, there. He let me go pretty qick after that.

I had a very similar conversation with a customs guy recently. ...Eventually it came to this:

"What's this?"
"Er... Condoms."

That was pretty much the conversation stopper, there. He let me go pretty qick after that.

He was probably surprised at how much smaller than Japanese condoms yours were. Special needs and all, need to bring them in....
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
lol

I always laugh when they ask if you have any explosives or drugs in your bag, cos I'm sure the people that do, own up straight away!!

Just make sure that you don't jokingly quip that you do. They just don't have a sense of humour these days about such things...
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads

"What's this?"
"Er... Condoms."

He was probably surprised at how much smaller than Japanese condoms yours were. Special needs and all, need to bring them in....

What were you packing condoms for? In case you got lucky with the fat lady next to you on the flight?
Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads

"What's this?"
"Er... Condoms."

What were you packing condoms for? In case you got lucky with the fat lady next to you on the flight?

or gent.

Announcements, usually on local tv, where any number of people say the same thing - all almost totally expressionlessv and robotically - all at the same time. Sometimes 10+ people.

That cracks me up.