Interesting to see what the concept of Ski in/out is though. Something like The Vale is only metres away from the base of the Family lift and although sure there are some steps to the basement ski storage area I would have thought you'd be hard pressed to find a better position in Hirafu for ease of access to a lift.

Anyway as someone who's been involved in reservations in this resort for many years the popularity of properties like Alpen Ridge and The Vale because of their position surprises even me. I hardly ever get a request for anything other than ski in/out and in terms of western-style accomm there nothing better than the 2 aforementioned properties in this village. What really amazes me is the amount people are prepared to pay for this perceived convenience!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like a little walk in the mornings.

Not too long...

But enough to wake you up and get the blood moving.

Saves on warm on runs wink

Kinda like Miharashi Apartments to the Gondola - that's a nice morning toddle.

Yes Stemik. That is very true.

Not only because as Mama or Stem-Dad you are lugging their gear for them as well as your own....but also for quick warm up pit stops back inside. A quick stop for a hot choco and a toasted sandwich, and maybe even a quick pokemon DVD pitstop.

And although I thought The Vale was expensive it's nothing compared to The Windsor at Lake Toya. A suite in The Windsor similar in size to the penthosue at The Vale is Y336,000 per night!

If you really want to splurge you can get the presidential suite which is a massive 500 sq m's for only Y1,386,000 per night!! Damn you'd have to be seriously rich to stay there.

Hm MB you obviously stayed at the Miharashi what was it like?

Did you have to walk down to the main street by the phsyco mart then up or could you get through on a path by walking straight up past Wild Bills?

I WAS organising our trip for our group, Looks like we will end up in Miharashi this year.

Miharashi was great. Perfect for us. Paddy's at the end of the street, and similar distance to Wild Bill's.

We usually weaved our way up past Bill's, unless we went for coffee at Abucha Bakery first and then went up the main street and across up the top.

Most mornings we were not going for First Tracks we just walked to the Family chair - was fascinating to see what that path down would be like each day ... sometimes it was like a ramp other times loads of small steps other times giant steps that challenged even fully grown men.

Some days we drove.

I know. Slack huh.

My idea of a nice morning hike was to walk out of the old Yamada Onsen Hotel, take about 20 steps to the right, wave at the pair of foxes begging for table scraps, step into the bindings and ski down to the quad. (On a powder morning you mightn't even have to take the 20 steps; just lock in right in front of the hotel and you could go.)

Man, I miss that place! sadface

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Is there any word on Vale Furano - It was meant to be completed by December 2011?????? Have they even started it???

Nothing on their homepage besides a completion date.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...