Has anyone booked the vale through there reservations e-mail or otherwise direct through them? Been trying to get some info for next January and ready to book but no response to a request through SnowJapan system or privately.

Cheers,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this, but...

If you fill out a form on the listings on our site (thanks!), they get sent directly to the accommodation basically just as a normal email would.

I will contact them to make sure that things are getting through.

Well I know the person who does their direct bookings is in Aus at the moment so not surprised if they aren't getting back to you all that promptly.

Management of The Vale and most reservations has recently been taken over by another company. I'll pm you the details.

Thanks ALL,

SJ the first enquiry I sent was via The Vale Snowjapan accomodation page smile Made sure of that....

and sorry this was supposed to be in Off topic area not sure how I messed that up, think I hit the back button one to many times OOPS soz. Got it GN Cheers!

Originally Posted By: SKI
Has it been 'a success'?

Success enough that I often comment that if The Vale isn't doing well then we're all ****!

The Vale is the perfect product for the cashed up Asians. They love anything that is shiny and new. In my experience in reservations it's very important to them to stay in the newest and the best. You should see how upset they get if they find out that one of their friends managed to get an apartment on a higher floor than they did! Cost is no issue for them besides staying in the most expensive and exclusive place on offer to ensure their accommodation fits with their social standing! Nothing more expensive than The Vale in Niseko so of course it's doing well!!

Well for about twelve hours we were staying at the Vale next Feb in a 3 bed with Onsen. When I sent a message asking about payment, I was told the last such apartment had been booked out for our dates overnight rolleyes

Nope that was the thing GN, I did some searching saw some prices and thought I would ask the question 10 nights in a 3 bed with private Onsen I was quoted 1900AUD PP. This was from 7-17 Feb. Mid Jan was 50% more expensive which I did not get with the CNY. Certainly not cheap but hardly expensive unless I missed something along the way....

Well it's the most expensive place in the village. You could get a luxury 3 bdr/3 bthr penthouse with rooftop jacuzzi and incredible views for less than that. Upper village but not ski in/out.

• SnowJapan Admin

No of course not.

I don't see anything wrong with that comment but there is no need to make a point of posting a new message simply to say that a PM has been sent [adjusted] - might come across the wrong way.

Remember, no "sales" allowed in PMs either!

Thanks. friend

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at the Vale last year and tried to book again for our 2010/2011 trip. I tried to do this in March and they told me that the rooms I was looking at were reserved for VIP guests. I'm not sure what being a VIP guest involves but they'd managed to book before the price listing had become available and before the rooms were released to the public.

In the end I got a luxury 3 bdr/3 bthr penthouse with rooftop jacuzzi for half the cost of the Vale and only a block away. I'm looking forward to making the comparison between the two.

I'm sure the Vale condos are nice, super luxury etc.etc., but when I saw a couple of people climbing up two flights in ski boots and lugging their gear to get to that beginner double at the very bottom of the hill, which was at the time jammed up with 17,692 ski-school kids (yes, I counted every damn one of them) -- well, I decided that even after I hit the big lottery I won't be booking there.

Well, GN, looked more like 30 or so to me, and fairly open to the elements so I'm sure there were snow/ice mornings to deal with. But if that's your idea of ski-in/out luxury...fine. It's just not mine. Like I said, I'm sure the actual condos are tres fab. cheers

MB, I'll hike a bit when it's warranted, but one of the reasons I stopped staying at Hirafu-tei was that PITA catwalk you must navigate to get down to -- that a.m. LA-level traffic jam of a beginner double. cheers