I haven't heard of some of those!

I think Port Island is part of Kobe, right? Not near, on the other side of Osaka.

Saitama is just to the north of Tokyo and so fairly easy to get via Shinkansen/road and of the ones I recognise the 'closest'.

Chiba is to the east of Tokyo, where Narita airport is.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
By toll road?

If you're lucky 5 hours.

I wouldn't have thought so, it'd be about that from Fujisawa, so I7d imagine Saitama to be a little closer

in winter there are plenty night buses....they are sold as part of a package though. 10k in high season will get you night bus return plus your lift pass

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
in winter there are plenty night buses....they are sold as part of a package though. 10k in high season will get you night bus return plus your lift pass

thanks for info, think I may have to stick with Keio next season as I want to get their for Thur, stay the night and then return Fri early evening.

well they do that as well of course, including your night's stay. Just go into any travel agent and get a brochure. JR View also carry the brochures, dunno how much though cos I haven't used an overnight stay when using the bus

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
well they do that as well of course, including your night's stay. Just go into any travel agent and get a brochure. JR View also carry the brochures, dunno how much though cos I haven't used an overnight stay when using the bus

thanks, I (may) have someplace to crash already, wait till next season and see if a friend moves there