Booked in for Queenstown NZ to ski Coronet,the Remarkables and possibly back to Cardrona.Cost family 4 adults all up 5000.00. Priced up Thredbo Hotham and Falls for the same time.8000.00 We live in Queensland so have to fly to all of them. and sort out all our own details do not go thru travel companys

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure yet rest of the crew not keen.Mates went last year and said its the best thing they have done and they board in Niseko and have been to Canada so it must be a good thing. Will have to see whats happens

Originally Posted By: gnarly-dude
Let me also chime in and say - do it!

Oh yeah ! party

I heard somewhere that NZ is the cheapest place in the world to do heli, as in vertical feet per dollar

Ok i am looking in to it.Just read a story on a cat ski on a family farm at Alpure peaks.5000 hectare grazing property.pics look good.Only in NZ could you turn the farm in to a ski feild.Checking out the helis also. cheers

I looked at that cat ski operation too when I was there. They only run on certain days and it didn't suit me at the time.

The thing I like about NZ heli operations is that you don't have to sign up for a thousand dollar day deal. At Mount Hutt you can do a one run 'heli experience' for under a hundred bucks.

In NZ it is looking mighty white ... but Aus has yet to have it's winter coat laid down. Perisher (and now Thredbo) are hitting it with the snow guns when possible, but snow guns are a supplementation at the best of times, they still need a big snow fall to open.

Not unusual though.

Some time in June, but rarely for the long weekend, which is officially opening weekend.

Reliably open for the July school holidays.

Good in August.

Hanging in there by September.

Early season snow in Aus varies greatly. And lack of snow early on is no indication it will be a bad season. Some of the best seasons I can remember were late starters. '92 is a good example, there was little snow until late June but then is dumped for weeks on end getting up near a 3m base in September and I was skiing backcountry on good snow right through November into December.

Yes it seams when NZ gets good snow fall Aus Misses out.Coronet is opening this week end 5.6.2010. And the Remarkables on the 19.6.2010.We will be there on the 28.6.2010 and a new adventure will start.Had to go early as the friends are school teachers only time they could go.Should be great for them last time they saw snow was thirty years ago and their two teenagers have never been to the snow.Plus the snow festival is on in Queenstown at the same time. Should be great party

Looks like we are going heliskiing with a Queenstown based company in NZ.nervous and excited all at the same time. Thanks for the gentle cheerspush Mantas