Or not? I'm sure lots of people have finished for the season, does that mean that most places are almost empty even at the weekends?

Everyone is trying to get to the same (small amount of) snow, so it can get busy. Go before then or in the week now and it is generally not at all.

Well, it`s all relative. I went to GALA Yuzawa on Thur and hit Hotaka Bokujo yesterday and although both places weren`t exactly what you`d call "busy" I felt a good number of people did come out. With most ski areas closing after last weekend I think you`ll see the places that stay open taking on more visitors(including myself)than you`d expect.

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy and I were really looking forward to finally checking out Okutadami Maruyama sometime this month but recent reports tell us it`s a no go afterall. According to our Japanese source it`s been mad crowded up there for the last couple of weeks(the lines for kickers are backed up for 15min...can you imagine?!). \:\( My plan for one more solo day-trip by train to GALA has also been put out due to similar reason. I guess all the trickstaz are coming out in full force huh? We have sadly concluded that we must settle for Kagura tomorrow.*sob*

Correction...the actual closing ceremony took place at around 12:30pm last Sun with my buddies and I trading handshakes&making toasts with canned drinks we got out of the nearby vending machine. \:\) Damn, it was hot last weekend!