Never liked the Dutch. I vaguely remember their loss to West Germany in 74. It was black n white TV then. So the Dutch were in the dark shirts kicking left to right. yawn those old games are played speeded up these days just so they look like they are the same pace.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your problem might just be too much good food from the sea, too much sunshine, waves and beaches. Altogether too much of a good life to be able to get into football.

You must try harder.

Watching the World Cup is not a good way to get into it!

Standard has been low. Enough to put me off!

You want to watch some quality team football.

One of the big league games, or a good Champions League game.

I managed to avoid it quite well too.

Did anyone else noticed how quiet it went in Japan after they were knocked out.

"Honda boarded a plane to Russia today with everyone in the world interested in signing him. (Cut to 30 minutes life story of Honda along with some 'kandoteki' music. With those goals shown again of course. 10 times).

Oh, and finally, er, some foreign country won the world cup."

Originally Posted By: scouser
Watching the World Cup is not a good way to get into it!

Standard has been low. Enough to put me off!

You want to watch some quality team football.
One of the big league games, or a good Champions League game.

I can appreciate the skills in the game but I like a more physical form of sport. If you took out the all the dives and faked injurys I'd give it more respect.

There are really very few examples of the beautiful game played these days. There is just too much money involved for a club to risk losing.

The Premier League for me is exciting in comparison to Serie A, La Liga and the rest.

And for top notch excitement, watch ManU. They're the best.

you still get diving in the Prem league and Champions League. Mantas, no fans actually want to see diving or play-acting, its the poofy players with long hair that like to do that smile

Well yes of course you still get some, but not as much.

But more importantly you get to see a physical game played by teammates who actually know each other and play week in week out.

*Blimey I hope that dosn't cop one of them 'wagons circling' type comment, don't think it will but you never know.

Quote:
*Blimey I hope that dosn't cop one of them 'wagons circling' type comment, don't think it will but you never know.

Originally Posted By: scouser
I'd just forget it then Mantas.

Or perhaps try the Scottish league. wink

no but posting shite like above just might

where did that come from?

Cos I ain't agreeing with ya?

hmm and you wonder why ppl get their backs up! rolleyes

seem to be a bit touchy about the "wagons" remark

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
you still get diving in the Prem league and Champions League. Mantas, no fans actually want to see diving or play-acting, its the poofy players with long hair that like to do that smile

Like these poofters you mean? lol

Originally Posted By: Mantas
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

Like these poofters you mean? lol

haha!! exactly likes those!! lol
The 2 punch ones are funny....so too the manager. But that last one can't be right rolleyes