• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I predict that out of the 2 teams that make it to the final the one that plays best on the day will win! thumbsup

Not always the case of course, but you have a chance of being right there.
Originally Posted By: thursday
Not at all. It all comes down to luck. The final is too big in each player's life to take chances, so in fact, it could be the most boring game of the tournament.

that's usually the semi-finals. teams are too scared to lose so close to being in the final (where anything can happen) that they hardly ever go for it, snoresville games

Totally not interested in the World Cup at the moment.

It's all about Sunday.

Once the PL is over, I suppose the World Cup will provide some decent entertainment for the always-too-long off-season.

I just dislike too many of the England players though. It's hard to get worked up about it. doh

• 2 weeks later...

Shaking boots heard from around the world:

England's 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

Forwards: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

So, where's Owen Hargreaves then!! Didn't his game the other week prove both is fitness and quality!?

Weird the Carra is back. He said no CL next year was part of the reason. If I was a player I'd be well pissed about it, sneaking in at the last minute.