• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan
OK. I'm still not understanding that.

Quote:
Tubby has his views on English football and that may or may not go down well with the .... perhaps... English. Then he is called all sorts of names like Scot or some other bad word.

But I had been reading this thread, and simply haven't seen that.
Show me some examples where that has happened.

The reality is more like him just bringing out that comment for no apparent reason. The guy comes over obsessed and bitter. From what I can see, he is actually the one getting on peoples backs for no real reason.

Reminds me of an annoyingly childish dude at school who's answer/comeback to anything was the unanswerable "prove it!".

(By the way, I'm not English and not really into football).

what are you smoking?? Obsessed and bitter....how is that? made the original comment WAAAAAAAAY back when Japan beat Paraguay as a result of a conversation about Japanese TV. Then I made an off the cuff comment again the other day when SG was asking why certain people thought they were an authority on all things footy and others were not, other than that I haven't mentoned anything. Scouser then rehashed it again and had a wee dig when Mantas had said that he couldn't get into football because of the diving and playacting. Scouser said that the WC isn't really the best to start getting into football and maybe he could try watching a top league like the Prem and Champs league where there isn't as much of that and the games are of a better standard. I commented that diving still goes on at both these tournaments and that often the group games in the Champs League can throw up boring games as well................ so how exactly is that "obsessed and bitter"? Obsessed about what exactly? and since when did I ever use a null answer in the guise of "prove it"?

Actually reading psts as opposed to what yo want to see might help in your understanding
rolleyes

I simply read the thread, what has been written, without being involved in any way.

I see you don't like the conclusions I came to, not unexpected given previous posts.

what previous posts? I, unlike a few others here, have no qualms about people voicing their opinions. Thats what discussions are all about. So I really don't know where you are drawing your conclusions about me from.

From your posts.
In this thread.

confused
Quote:
Reminds me of an annoyingly childish dude at school who's answer/comeback to anything was the unanswerable "prove it!".

rolleyes
Originally Posted By: ShinyDiscoBall
German football was engulfed in controversy today over remarks by the agent of a top footballer, who allegedly referred to a "bunch of gays" in the national team.

Michael Becker, who has been the agent of German national football captain Michael Ballack for more than a decade, is reported to have made the comment in the latest edition of the news magazine Der Spiegel.

In an essay entitled New German Men, Aleksander Osang recounts an interview he had with Becker prior to the World Cup in which the agent allegedly told him which of the players in the team were gay. He later said that a former national player was ready to reveal the "bunch of gays" in the German team, according to Osang. Asked about the sexuality of one of the newer players, Becker, who is a lawyer by profession, referred to him as being "half gay".

Where did you get that SDB?!
lol

Capello I think will be with the team taking them into (perhaps) Euro 2012.
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
And in other news

QWLb8.jpg

Quote:
The Football Association today proudly unveiled Total, f.c.u.k. and UPS as the new sponsors of the England football team. ‘The combination of these three corporate giants perfectly captures the ethos of the England side,’ said an FA spokesman.

The new shirts come in a range of bright ‘easy to spot’ colours after claims from England players that the old kit was painted in ‘magic invisible ink’ which made it impossible to pick out an easy and obvious pass to a team mate. The new shirts are also made of a super lightweight material, unlike the old tops which were apparently made of extra-heavy chain mail which left the Premiership stars lumbering around looking exhausted and unfit.

However, one criticism has been made of the design of the new England kit with claims that the neck hole was inexplicably too small for the heads of the Premiership stars. Players say this will it make it very hard to pull the shirt off during an over-exuberant goal celebration, but a spokesman for the manufacturers said ’we don’t envisage this being a problem.

Brilliant!
lol
But your posts can quite easily be found in this thread.

Anyway, it was merely an observation. I was simply stating my opinion, after reading the thread and your comments/attitude. That's all.

I understand that, however "my atttude" is non-existent. You are creating one when there is none there. This whole thing started because I too simply stated my opinion. I simply can't understand why any of my posts would lead you to believe that I was "obsessed and bitter" (about what I also have no idea) and I was asking for you to point out the ones you felt showed this to be true.

whatever mate.

Mr Webb, after the fun of the final

Quote:
“It is one of the toughest games we will ever be involved in and we feel that we worked hard to keep the focus on the football as much as possible,†he said.

“Whatever the match, you always hope that the officials won’t need to be heavily involved. However, we had to raise our profile in order to keep control.

“We don’t feel that we had much choice except to manage the game in the way we did. From early on in the match we had to make decisions that were clear yellow cards.

“We tried to apply some common-sense officiating given the magnitude of the occasion for both sides – advising players early on for some of their tackling, sending players away when they were surrounding the officials, and speaking to their senior colleagues to try and calm them down.

“We came away feeling satisfied that we’d done a tough job in difficult circumstances.â€

would like to have seen Schweinsteiger in there too, think he was amazing. Even although Klose played well and scored a few, I'd have Schweinsteiger in the midfield and play with 2 up front

yeah he's good....I wouldn't say best in the world though. He's a bit of a fanny dancer on the ball, I'd much rather have Messi for instance. But on the WC showing he doesn't deserve a place in the team (neither does Messi)

yeah, dunno why Berbatov hasn't been given his marching orders. Last season AC Milan were credited with a bid for him and Fergie knocked it back.....think he's been hitting the wine hard again

Berbatov is a funny one isn't it.

From what I remembered he played really good for Spurs.

He just seems to wander and not seem bothered.

Curious. He does have his moments showing some pretty nifty skills, but way not enough.