• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine! why not go to a soccer site? this is for snow (you know, that white stuff that heaps up on mountains). wink

Posted not 5 minutes ago

Originally Posted By: JA
+1 makes cheese, camembert and a blue camembert. Both absolutely delish. If you don;t like strong blue cheeses, try a very mild blue (like a blue camembert) and see. It is just a bit more "bitey" than a normal cam.

Do you like a soft, white rind cheese? such as camembert, brie etc?? If so, the step to blue is not that great! If not, you do nopt know what you are missing!

Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan
OK I have been following this thread.

Can someone explain this "wagons circling" thing to me?

I don't get it.

We all pick on Tubby Beaver apparently. Gang up on him like indians circling around a posse of wagons.

no. It's like the invaders on native american land and they circle their wagons when the native americans come calling with turkeys. Then the invaders start shooting. What the **** for wakaranai

Tubby has his views on English football and that may or may not go down well with the .... perhaps... English. Then he is called all sorts of names like Scot or some other bad word. All too over reactive I think.

He's Welsh by the way.

Originally Posted By: RobBright

I don't get it.

We all pick on Tubby Beaver apparently. Gang up on him like indians circling around a posse of wagons.

yawn

OK. I'm still not understanding that.

Quote:
Tubby has his views on English football and that may or may not go down well with the .... perhaps... English. Then he is called all sorts of names like Scot or some other bad word.

But I had been reading this thread, and simply haven't seen that.

Show me some examples where that has happened.

The reality is more like him just bringing out that comment for no apparent reason. The guy comes over obsessed and bitter. From what I can see, he is actually the one getting on peoples backs for no real reason.

Reminds me of an annoyingly childish dude at school who's answer/comeback to anything was the unanswerable "prove it!".

(By the way, I'm not English and not really into football).

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: RobBright

I don't get it.

yawn

If you're tired, you should go to bed early.

And in other news

QWLb8.jpg

Quote:
The Football Association today proudly unveiled Total, f.c.u.k. and UPS as the new sponsors of the England football team. ‘The combination of these three corporate giants perfectly captures the ethos of the England side,’ said an FA spokesman.

The new shirts come in a range of bright ‘easy to spot’ colours after claims from England players that the old kit was painted in ‘magic invisible ink’ which made it impossible to pick out an easy and obvious pass to a team mate. The new shirts are also made of a super lightweight material, unlike the old tops which were apparently made of extra-heavy chain mail which left the Premiership stars lumbering around looking exhausted and unfit.

However, one criticism has been made of the design of the new England kit with claims that the neck hole was inexplicably too small for the heads of the Premiership stars. Players say this will it make it very hard to pull the shirt off during an over-exuberant goal celebration, but a spokesman for the manufacturers said ’we don’t envisage this being a problem.

Quote:

Fabio Capello oversaw the worst ever World Cup campaign in England's footballing history, according to FIFA's tournament rankings.

England were ranked 13th in a tournament won by Spain and dominated by tactically astute teams with a strong collective ethic.

That is two places lower than their previous worst in Sweden in 1958.

The inquest into what went wrong will begin this week, with Capello due to meet the FA's ruling board for discussions on Thursday.

The Italian coach has already been guaranteed his job by the FA for the next two years despite the debacle in South Africa.

England's World Cup rankings:

1950: 8th,
1954: 6th,
1958: 11th,
1962: 8th,
1966: 1st,
1970: 8th,
1982: 6th,
1986: 8th,
1990: 4th,
1998: 9th,
2002: 6th,
2006: 6th,
2010: 13th.

German football was engulfed in controversy today over remarks by the agent of a top footballer, who allegedly referred to a "bunch of gays" in the national team.

Michael Becker, who has been the agent of German national football captain Michael Ballack for more than a decade, is reported to have made the comment in the latest edition of the news magazine Der Spiegel.

In an essay entitled New German Men, Aleksander Osang recounts an interview he had with Becker prior to the World Cup in which the agent allegedly told him which of the players in the team were gay. He later said that a former national player was ready to reveal the "bunch of gays" in the German team, according to Osang. Asked about the sexuality of one of the newer players, Becker, who is a lawyer by profession, referred to him as being "half gay".

OK. I'm still not understanding that.

Quote:
Tubby has his views on English football and that may or may not go down well with the .... perhaps... English. Then he is called all sorts of names like Scot or some other bad word.

But I had been reading this thread, and simply haven't seen that.
Show me some examples where that has happened.

The reality is more like him just bringing out that comment for no apparent reason. The guy comes over obsessed and bitter. From what I can see, he is actually the one getting on peoples backs for no real reason.

Reminds me of an annoyingly childish dude at school who's answer/comeback to anything was the unanswerable "prove it!".

(By the way, I'm not English and not really into football).

what are you smoking?? Obsessed and bitter....how is that? made the original comment WAAAAAAAAY back when Japan beat Paraguay as a result of a conversation about Japanese TV. Then I made an off the cuff comment again the other day when SG was asking why certain people thought they were an authority on all things footy and others were not, other than that I haven't mentoned anything. Scouser then rehashed it again and had a wee dig when Mantas had said that he couldn't get into football because of the diving and playacting. Scouser said that the WC isn't really the best to start getting into football and maybe he could try watching a top league like the Prem and Champs league where there isn't as much of that and the games are of a better standard. I commented that diving still goes on at both these tournaments and that often the group games in the Champs League can throw up boring games as well................ so how exactly is that "obsessed and bitter"? Obsessed about what exactly? and since when did I ever use a null answer in the guise of "prove it"?

Actually reading psts as opposed to what yo want to see might help in your understanding
rolleyes