• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
Roll on the Brazil.

Nah! Lets forget about this nonsense and enjoy 4 years of some hopefully decent football in the meantime.

365 are often good at summing things up in that little headline space they have at the top:

Quote:
It was a pretty horrible final, with the Dutch losing an awful lot of dignity and goodwill by kicking and whining and being a bunch of cynical goons throughout.

SDB - I wanted the Dutch to win, but after their performance I feel doubly disappointed: Spain won* and Holland were "goons"

*I felt 8 goals in 7 games wasn't really a champion performance, they played tight skilled football but then again so did New Zealand.

I thought Germany were on course to be champions, until....

Also Spain rub my the wrong way.

Nevermind. Spain won, they were the best on the day, week, month. Gotta give some credit to them!

p.s FWIW I may have been critical toward football/soccer in the past but over the past few years I have gotten into it a lot more (so many friends are into it) and if you cant beat them join them.

Also Paul the tako-oracle - if you had put £10 on the first Paul predicted game and then reinvested the winnings of each subsequent match you would have £10000 now. mathematically he was 1:128 of being right, defying the bookies odds he was actually a lot more.

not too shabby for a something I had for dinner last night.

Good stats on 365 if you like them.

Bit of a dull game. I'm not Howard Webb's biggest fan but he did pretty well all told. Sounds like he had his hands tied as well.

I watched some of the game on fast forward but did Van Persie actually touch the ball? Both big Dutch breaks down the middle were with Robben. Ironically the second was one time he'd have been justified in going to ground. He kept Puyol on the pitch.

South Africa did their best to put on a good show in some stunning stadiums, and for a change it was cool enough for the direct football merchants to have a good go. Even so, it was still a bit of a disaster for all of us not on some BBC/ITV/Sky/Radio Five/whatever newspaper you read free holiday out there. Poor entertainment for the fans at home and massive hole in the finances for the South African people. FIFA are officially a charity so they raped the SA government blind.

Ah well, bin the ball, bin the vuvuzelas, and on with the show!

Originally Posted By: SG
and who made you god's gift to football? can only "Englishmen" have the knowledge ability and wisdom to comment and anyone else is a troll?
If so please stay well away from any thread about snow, because you couldn't possibly know any more than 'sod all' about it and would only be a troll.
rolleyes

I have watched the a lot of this WC, and have enjoyed some of the games, many though were painful.
Like many I thought overall the tournament was poor and that makes me a troll. Save me.

of course, I thought that everyone knew that! you'd better watch SG, I can already hear the wagons circle.....get ready for an out assault wink

Howard Webb is getting some stick I thought he dealt with most things fairly ok. There should have been reds dished out though before he did. The attitude of lots of players out there stunk. Bet he wished he hadn't got the job now!

Just watched the game, Van Bommel should've been off for the tackle on Iniesta, De Jong for the Cantona-kung-fu on Alonso. They were shocking challenges.

How Webb missed the corner I'll never know and I def thought it was a free kick of Elia, think it was Ramos who steps across and checks him out the game, but Holland had a few chances to win the ball back as Spain came forward, they didn't and Iniesta took his goal well