• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Actually thought Iniesta was offside, not for the shot on goal, but for the first pass over to him?

Yeah he was definitely, but he wasn't ever involved in the play so I can see why it wasn't called.

Crap trolls!

You'd think they'd be happy to actually have good reason to poo on SoccerBalls.

lol

Got to feel for the ref. He was doomed from the beginning, having to deal with that bunch of thugs and fairies. He might have made some mistakes, but what human would not have made mistakes with that shambles going on.

To use some of scousers words, what a bloody awful end to a bloody awful world cup.

No wonder some people/trolls who know sod all about the game rag on about it with adverts like this.

As I said before, I will appreciate the Prem. League and even the FA Cup all the more now after that lot.

Booooooooooooooo!

Yes it will be interesting to see if anyone is using jabulani ball next season. Probably they have contracts in place already, but the year after I reckon it will be dead.

Nice one Adidas, I will remember never to buy a ball from you again.

Yes. Actually read that somewhere else just now.

Here's another

Quote:
Webb was probably under instructions from FIFA not to issue an early red card so as not to spoil the final. By complying, he spoilt the final. The Netherlands should have been down to 8 men at half-time (Van Bommel, De Jong, Sneider).

I agree with that comment.

It was a dirty game. Terrible. Webb may well have been told to hold back with the cards, though there were some very clear red offenses going on. Holland really did not deserve to win a World Cup with that attitude. But the Spanish weren't much better in the 'deserve' department even if they were ultimately the best team* (very debatable).

I guess one thing I have not really thought was how smoothly the logistics side of the cup went. Im sure many people, including myself, were a little worried SA could pull it off without major problems. Hats off to all those guys. Besides the odd Journo getting mugged it sounds like it all went well.

Should have been a corner for Holland rather than a goal kick just before Spain scored. And there should not have been 11 Dutch players on the field even at half time.

All ifs and buts.

Definitely a nightmare game to ref. I thought he did pretty decent overall myself. Considering the impossible situation he was in.

Anyway whats next for Paul. He should go back to his home country and replace Alan Shearer on Match of the Day.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
I guess one thing I have not really thought was how smoothly the logistics side of the cup went. Im sure many people, including myself, were a little worried SA could pull it off without major problems. Hats off to all those guys. Besides the odd Journo getting mugged it sounds like it all went well.

Wasn't it something like $3bil over budget?

and who made you god's gift to football? can only "Englishmen" have the knowledge ability and wisdom to comment and anyone else is a troll?

If so please stay well away from any thread about snow, because you couldn't possibly know any more than 'sod all' about it and would only be a troll. rolleyes

I have watched the a lot of this WC, and have enjoyed some of the games, many though were painful.

Like many I thought overall the tournament was poor and that makes me a troll. Save me.