Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Players don't get paid salary to play for their country.
They get paid to play for their club which is an entirely different thing.

Actually I meant the combined value of their club salaries.... along the lines of some leagues are maybe just a little over rated......
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to totally disagree with the assumption that England would have lost anyway even if the goal was allowed. There was a massive momentum shift at the end of the first half... I guess there really is no fairness in the beautiful game!

I don't know.

However, the argument is flawed.

The performance of a country in the World Cup really has close to no link in to the quality of a countries league.

A big majority of the worlds best players play in the Premier League, La Liga or Serie A.

Does that fuel your argument at all or just make you go doh

I'm with Black Mountain - if it went to 2-2, it would have been like Istanbul and we would have held on I think.

But we will never know, instead we had to keep chasing the game and got caught on the break twice.

We will never know for sure and that is a possibility.

But seriously, have England ever looked decent in this World Cup campaign?

Can't see it myself. They were generally simply miserable and clueless.

Putting them out of their misery was the best thing.

Originally Posted By: scouser
A big majority of the worlds best players play in the Premier League, La Liga or Serie A.

Does that fuel your argument at all or just make you go doh

I guess it's all about the $$$. Leagues with the most attract the world's best players and perhaps a few of the domestic players would not make it into the "best league" if one ever existed.

Just wondering why England are always so cr@p. Maybe it's just because they are not as good....

Apparently Germany spend way for than England on youth programs, but I guess plenty spend more than Ghana, Cote d'ivoire, etc. So that argument doesn't go too far either.

I did not see it but I have read that Tevez was a good 2m off side for the first Argie goal last night. And the officials, after the fact, could see on the replays on the big screens that that was the case. But they were unable to undo a decision made literally seconds before.

It's truly madness that the 4th official can't radio in and tell the ref seconds after after checking on a vid screen when things like the two incidents last night happens.

It is really undermining the sport.

yeah he was totally off. The stadium made a mistake in re-showing the incident on the big screen so although all the players, fans and even the officials saw that, as no video replay evidence is allowed the ref had to ignore the screen and go with hs first decison....madness!!

His 2nd was a cracker though

OK, ladies and gentle peeps tonight we have

Holland v Slovakia - don't care

and

Brazil v Chile

The Chilean side are more physical in attitude and would do a lot of running since they will have more oxygen in their blood stream than normally in Chile.

The Brazillians have the samba blood and would of course dance through the game as if it was Mardi Gras. Plus they have Kaka back, who should be able to defend himself with a nice elbow.

Close one to call, but Brazil should take it 4 - 0.