Time up.

I was convinced that Heskey was going to get those three goals when he came on. doh

wink

Germany played really well and looked good and clearly deserved to win by a mile, as England were shite.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggrin

There is no hate that pours out my pores, only pity!!

Karma is a horrible thing, at LEAST a foot over the line! violin

Wonder if we'll hear about this linesman for 44 years?!

No Scots in South Africa and no English either! lol

Rob....good on ya mate

Einige Leute sind auf

dem Gebiet, Sie meinen daß der fertigen!! Ist es jetzt!!!!!!

David Cameron, Tony Blair,

Margaret Thatcher, Tony Benn, Seb Coe, Elizabeth Windsor, Jimmy

Greaves, Alan Ball, Cheating Russian Linesman, Charles ya buck toothed

w###er...........your boys took one HELL auf a beating!!!!

auf wiedersehn!

banner

Originally Posted By: Harry Redknapp
We couldn't make contact with their key players.

Um 'arry. You're not supposed to make contact. That's called a foul.

So glad that the goal-that-wasn't turned out not to be important. England would have lost even if had go to 2-2 surely.

I see that Argentinas first goal was very clearly offside as well.

Time for the madness to end and Fifa to bring in stuff that will stop crap like this happening. Eyes looking at a vid when stuff like this happens - just how difficult is that? The 4th official could have a monitor and stop decisions like the two last night from happening there and then.

I have 2 football questions:

- why isn't some simple video playback or technology used in cases like this. It seems ridiculous to let obvious mistakes go in such big games

- when it's a goal kick, why does the goaly most often kick it right out into the field. Most times the opposing team seems to pick it up. If he passed to one of his defenders and they passed up the field, it would seem to be the better idea.

?

Gutted.

It has all been said before, but we are left wondering "what if?". However, I have to think that even if Lamps goal had been given we still would have been beaten by the better side. And it is divine justice for 66.

But, if Lamps goal had been given, we would have had a chance to go to penaltys. Those last german two goals only came cos we had 8 men in their half chasing a goal.

lol

I just can't see that bobby.

England were half-decent for that 5 minute period.

Other than that, totally outplayed.

The defence was especially embarrasing.

It's hard to believe that they would have held on for a draw, it really is.

Like big-will said, I'm glad that they were thrashed, it makes the non allowed goal thing an almost non issue.

Does anyone have any idea what the combined salaries ("wages" for hard core footy fans) are for each team ?

I would really like to see that stat, and specifically where England rank.....

Originally Posted By: veronica
I have 2 football questions:

- why isn't some simple video playback or technology used in cases like this. It seems ridiculous to let obvious mistakes go in such big games

- when it's a goal kick, why does the goaly most often kick it right out into the field. Most times the opposing team seems to pick it up. If he passed to one of his defenders and they passed up the field, it would seem to be the better idea.

?

Rugby union has been using video playback for ages.

The FIFA standing is that it cannot be universally applied to every game, so there would still be mistakes, unfairness, inconsistencies. doh

Hoofing up the field is for territory. 50/50 chance of getting it and going for goal. Dribbling out of your own half gives chance for the other side to take it off you in your own half. That's what the coach said to us many many years ago in England.