By mistake, I flicked through a few Japanese tv channels just now spending about 15 seconds on each one.

One was a reporter in Paraguay, interviewing the locals and showing them a map of the world to see if they could point out where Japan was on the map.

Another was doing a run-down of what people in Paraguay eat.

A third one was just about finishing what seemed to be more interviews with Paraguay locals and what they knew about Japanese football and then went on to intervie some old Japanese dude who "didn't know the rules of fooball and isn't interested in it". Not sure why they were interviewing him about football then.

I'll learn not to do this again!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Photo GalleryZoom
Ghana celebrating their goal against the USA (Getty Images).
Related Links
Teams
Ghana
United States
“Yes We Can†was the response of jubilant soccer loving fans in the west African nation as Ghana beat the USA on Saturday evening to make it to the last eight of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

The Black Stars have become the third African side since the inception of the global football fiesta some eight decades ago to make it to the quarter finals. The last time an African country made it to the quarters was eight years ago. Cameroon got there in 1990 and Senegal replicated them in 2002.

Africa has remained moribund at the quarters and hopes were high that the first World Cup on African soil would bring a lot of blessings to the continent. However, all but one of the continent’s representatives have already kissed goodbye to the historic event.

The four-time African champions with the youngest squad have lifted the African flag high and continue to impress. They showed a lot of character, team work and harmony against the USA to go beyond the second stage.

C'mon they just got lucky. And what is the African flag?

Interesting this:

Fifa has finally acknowledged that there may be something wrong with the Jabulani World Cup ball, but won't act on the problem until after the tournament.

"We're not deaf," said Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke. "Fifa is not unreceptive about what has been said about the ball."

Brazil coach Dunga got into a verbal spat with Valcke over the Jabulani before the tournament, challenging him to come out onto the pitch and attempt to control it.

Denmark defender Daniel Agger said the ball made some outfielders look like "drunken sailors."

Valcke said that Fifa will discuss the matter with coaches and teams after the World Cup, then meet with manufacturer Adidas.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
PHEW Rach!! wink

although FYI there is NOTHING wrong with hairy chested, thinning on top men! lol

lol

I think it's the combination of all of those things I mentioned that does it for me TB! wink
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Gonna gloat if Germany when?

am I gonna gloat if germany win?

Yeah

Haha lol....lets hope you cant gloat for a least a few more games!

Dunno I find his England-related posts quite amusing. You can imagine him sitting there getting worked up with this kind of weird hate goo oozing out of his pores.

wink