• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't notice.

I am very much however noticing what a huge big bag of bollocks this game is.

It's like watching a particularly dull Hull City vs Norwich game.

Or perhaps even worse.

So, for that reason, I'm over and out for the day.

yawn

Dire stuff.

Isn't Eto'o supposed to be like their best player and a striker? What's he doing up there on the side?

He might as well be on the bench munching Jaffa cakes as much as he's getting.

Stadium only about half full?

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Yep, crappy english commentary on sky. no pundit co-host, totally unbiased and unenthusiastic. can hardly hear it over the horns anyway.

BAN THE FRICKING HORNS!

That sound you hear are flies hanging about the French camp evilgrin

I made this for the last WC
divers.jpg
Originally Posted By: stemik
Though from the TV news this morning they are the best team ever.

That's why I prefer a Japan fail.

I refuse to watch Japanese tv now, it's an unbearable no go zone. I'm sure I'll survive. wink
They - both teams - were **** awful, in the first half at least.

Are the morning programmes shouting about this particular statistic:

"Japan had just three shots in the entire match, a total Opta statisticians calculated was the fewest by any match-winning side at the World Cup since all the games were first televised live in 1966."

My interest levels in this World Cup remain close to zero.

Watched 20 minutes of the game last night.

Seen better footie down the local park in Wigan on a Saturday morning.

It was that bad.

Unfortunately I'm missing the morning tv.

I can imagine some very interesting scenes of people shouting Nippon in 500 different bars around Japan. Perhaps I can catch that on the evening news that would be good.

Originally Posted By: big-will

"Japan had just three shots in the entire match, a total Opta statisticians calculated was the fewest by any match-winning side at the World Cup since all the games were first televised live in 1966."

The only statistic that matters is the one that says Japan scored 1 goal more than Cameroon. Thats 3pts in the bag, stop being party poopers! 日本!! 日本!!
If you think Japanese TV is bad, you should try being on the other side of British telly, the way the media go on about England's 1966 win is MUCH MUCH worse than anything over here.
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

The only statistic that matters is the one that says Japan scored 1 goal more than Cameroon. Thats 3pts in the bag, stop being party poopers! 日本!! 日本!!
If you think Japanese TV is bad, you should try being on the other side of British telly, the way the media go on about England's 1966 win is MUCH MUCH worse than anything over here.

And the way non-English people complain about this supposed fascination with British TV going on about the 1966 world cup, when they don't is clearly MUCH MUCH worse than anything over here.
Originally Posted By: RobBright

And the way non-English people complain about this supposed fascination with British TV going on about the 1966 world cup, when they don't is clearly MUCH MUCH worse than anything over here.

If you are seriously saying that this doesn't happen then you are more blinkered and deluded than I thought.

If you are seriously saying that this doesn't happen then you are more blinkered and deluded than I thought.

Such grand comments! Scary almost.

But... whats crappy English tv got to do with anything?

You've got this real big chip on your shoulder with ENGLAND written all over it, haven't you TB?
I suppose most Scots have. wink

You're like the equivalant of (for example) JA with his unconditional Microsoft/Apple hating.

Anyone long-termer watching Japanese tv today is asking for it.

But eff me, what a shit game. I reckon there is something seriously up in the Cameroon camp. They made no effort and Song just sat on the bench watching some cloggers do some very leisurely clogging. It makes no sense.

That was bizarre and a horrible game.

Eto'o in that position and seemingly not interested. Song not on the pitch. They played as if they didn't want to play. There's something not right there.

What win? The England world cup one?

It was before most of us were born.

Means sod all. Other than show us up for how shite we are now - but we are used to it.