big internet snowboard buying internationally developments

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: ippy

well yeah, but i also have google tabs so i have like ten pages open right now. Interesting thing facts.

and 9 of those are of this thread. razz

Shame, but that site doesn't have any splitboards.

shoganai.

haha, something like that. Still, i assure you, im living and teaching in korea and at work right this very minute. If i was a rep, i promise you it would be a hell of a lot easier. Half this thread has been about me trying to address the questions of whether or not im a rep instead of dealing with the actual subject matter of the OP. So yeah, its a balancing act for me thats a gigantic pain in the ass. If i was a rep, getting away from selling the product to argue about whether or not im a rep would make me a bit of a crappy rep at the end of the day! smile

And oh! to be a rep! because not only would i just be able to copy/paste <BLOCK OF TEXT/ADVERT> id be getting free stuff into the bargain biggrin
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

I have no problem with the basic topic here, it is in fact interesting to hear about.

But I think people reading this get the message, ippy. There is no need for hourly updates on it. Please don't go over the line that you yourself recognized.

I do not know you or your intentions but will believe them to be one of simply wanting to help people. Hope to keep it that way!

friend

Thanks.

thanks man, i think there is a line, and im genuinely trying to stay on this side of it, but the subject went kinda meta smile

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
lol
You wouldn't happen to be a bored electrician would you Inner Muppet?

I could do with an electrician.

I have 1/4 of my house without power, and the electrician's last statement yesterday as he left - with no plan to return. "I can't fix it".

Suddenly ordering snowboards online with free shipping became a lot less important...

Oh dear! Sorry, no Mamabear. Good luck with it!

Originally Posted By: ippy
Half this thread has been about me trying to address the questions of whether or not im a rep instead of dealing with the actual subject matter of the OP.

Ever considered that there might be a reason for that?
Anyway lets move on.

I just went thru the process of purchasing a new board from Sierrasnow a couple of weeks back when they fell out with Burton and announced that they would ship Burton boards to Australia. As an example of what they were offering, I purchased a 156cm Burton Custom LTD for $270US and Flow NTX bindings for $150US plus $60Us for shipping. The exact board is for sale in my local shop as a '2010 new arrival' for $700US and the binding are around $350US, so a big saving for me.

The board took four days to arrive in Aust and was very well packed and protected. Here in Aust we don't pay any import duties on items under a $1000 for there was no sales tax to add on.

In the end, myself and four friends have all picked up new 2010 models boards. All of us had no intention of getting new boards this year but when this occurred and at such reduced prices (in relation to Aust) we could not pass on the offer.