big internet snowboard buying internationally developments

If this shipping is say up to $100, and this offer is on stuff over $500, I suppose it is in effect offering a 20% discount - of course not as clean cut as all that.

Interesting about K2.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

which is why its a very big kick in the teeth to retailers and why many people are going to put a lot of pressure on brands to drop sierra. When you factor in as well that the boards are already cheaper buying from them than buying in japan/korea/australia even without free shipping, youre talking maybe an effective 30-40% cut at the start of the season. Thats utterly unacceptable many people smile

Its also seriously interesting to see whats going on next year.

I think they said a while back that technine and stepchild are going to be sold by them. They seem to do alright with nitro, so i cant see that being dropped, capita seem happy with them possibly because C3 (capita, union and coal) seem to own the hype machine in sierra. Neversummer have said they wont deal with them because they would rather protect the retailers that stuck by them at the start, and i think they tried to get yes for next season but were told that yes didnt really have an operation big enough to make it worthwhile for them. They lost Burton in march, and k2/ride are almost certainly gone, so its definitely going to be a bumpy ride for everyone.

Originally Posted By: -20.7
Some people may also be encouraged to "spend more" than they might otherwise to go over the $500 number......

smile Stands to reason... hmmm, this charlie slasher is 399... should i just grab those forces for 200 to get free shipping? yeah! why the hell not eh!

plus the discount on boards that is already reduced.

USA is a great place for shopping IMOH and certainly with snowboards I'd be paying X2 of that in Europe with its 20% consumption tax. Now the season is over, you won't see a product in the shops here.

Say, if I had a shop I 'd rather sell all my excess last years stock at cost, which will be replaced by new model, rather than carrying it.

Since others will be doing the same, that makes USA a great place to shop at these times, they are looking for more customers which is the overseas market.

If you have something you have been eyeing, this is a sweet deal.

I'm particularly interested with the next years boards, I see with the Jones board coming and like the way how snowboards are going, I'm also betting that the prices will generally come down and especially with splitboards.

Excuse my ranting, but in short, if I can buy a last years model I had been wanting for 50% off, I say that's a great buy.

Am interested in a split board, and thankfully the p&P won't make me go out and get a second mortgage - I swear companies make more profits on the the p&p than on the products themselves.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Am interested in a split board, and thankfully the p&P won't make me go out and get a second mortgage - I swear companies make more profits on the the p&p than on the products themselves.

With you there. Somtimes postage 'and packing' seems outrageous, would like to know how much 'padding' of the costs is going on there.

Anyhow, free shipping is a good thing.

international daily giveaway (sierra stunt i think - which is the 2010 burton blunt) headsup! 15 minutes smile (i think theyre only doing the international giveaway this week, so yeah, im going to remind you for the next two days (if you dont mind too much) because free snowboards are awesome!) smile

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
I wonder how much it costs to send one with parcel forwarding, the one gareth suggested?

i can actually answer that! At least if youre talking about a snowboard. I just bought a quiver killer off ebay (it was 125 bucks, so how could i refuse). Used shipito to get it to korea and all in and packed down to take up as little area as possible, it cost around $120 dollars to ship. Its definitely a nice alternative right now, but thats still not including tax (which was 40,000 won - about 40 bucks). Still, i managed to roughly level out with the average capita price reduction right now, (its around 260), so felt pretty stoked. Then a weekend later i read about the black snowboard of death and now im a teensy biut bummed because now i have to carry around three snowboards next season instead of two :(
Originally Posted By: inner muppet
Isn't reminding us lessening the chance of you winning?

confused

ha! i dont need any more snowboards thanks smile Ive got my sierrascope and quiverkiller already and will have a bsod on day 1 of its release. If i won, its going to one of my mates.

Truth is, I just want everyone on this and making it popular so they think that international free shipping is a good idea in the long run and keep it for longer than a trial!

oooh, sorry, read the edit,i kind of answered the point smile Basically its a trial operation and truth be told i doubt the japanese markets really going to sway them into keeping it as a policy forever and ever, but the hope is the more people that are interested the more likely they retain it. Pretty straightforward. I want them to retain it because i genuinely think itll be good for the consumer (ie. me and you). I mean right now, its still around 100 dollars cheaper ordering from the US than buying straight here (or in my case, korea). This takes it to $200 cheaper, which is honestly a massive challenge to the domestic markets.

I'm bored at work so had the Who's Online page on for the last few hours. Quite interesting actually.

ippy, I have noticed you have been hawk-eyeing this one thread many (many!) times in the last few hours even when people haven't posted anything new in it. At the same time, apparently not looking at any other threads.

Seems that it's real important to you.

Interesting page that Who's Online. wink

Originally Posted By: inner muppet
I'm bored at work so had the Who's Online page on for the last few hours. Quite interesting actually.

ippy, I have noticed you have been hawk-eyeing this one thread many (many!) times in the last few hours even when people haven't posted anything new in it. At the same time, apparently not looking at any other threads.

Seems that it's real important to you.

Interesting page that Who's Online. wink

well yeah, but i also have google tabs so i have like ten pages open right now. Interesting thing facts.
Originally Posted By: ippy

well yeah, but i also have google tabs so i have like ten pages open right now. Interesting thing facts.

and 9 of those are of this thread. razz

Shame, but that site doesn't have any splitboards.

shoganai.

lol

You wouldn't happen to be a bored electrician would you Inner Muppet?

I could do with an electrician.

I have 1/4 of my house without power, and the electrician's last statement yesterday as he left - with no plan to return. "I can't fix it".

Suddenly ordering snowboards online with free shipping became a lot less important...