Who here doesn't take regular computer backups?

Frind of mine just had a hard disc failure, and her last backup was 6 months ago.

6 months work wiped out, she is in a right pickle.

It might be a pain, but definitely worth doing!

errmmm....I've never done that. I don't work on my computer, but I'd be a tad inconvienienced if my hard drive crashed.....the OS came loaded into the comp so I have no CD's to reboot it. doh

I don't have a back up either.

But I don't depend on it for my work.

I could do with a back up flaming power supply for my house though. Paid an electrician $550 today to rip my house apart and achieve nothing - he's coming back with reinforcements tomorrow. Hope they solve the problem because I emptied the contents of my 3 door commercial fridge into the back of the Reaper's ute all double bagged and sent him off to the business to dump it all in the commercial bins.

No fridge, no toaster, no microwave, no freezer, no washing machine, no wireless internet, no foxtel - and no damned coffee!! Not happy!

If I back up my computer do ya think I can prevent a disaster like that again?

Same as thursday - everything is backed up on a lan at home, got three pcs of stuff backed up on it, and once a month take mirror images of the HDD of VITAL stuff ie photos, documents, and some music. Everything is is dispensable,

Depends a bit on whether the stuff stored is "mission critical" to a business or just personal stuff.

If the former - don't backup and you're stupid.

The latter - inconvenience but the world willnot end.