its 100% good or bad depending on what you want. Its a pretty neutral statement in truth. If you want lots of gaikoku amenities/comforts/social events, its not really happening. If you want something to GET AWAY from all that and somewhere a bit less crowded than nozawa and the like, then myoko will be right up your street.

hey crew. cheers for all the kind comments about the photos. although im not sure what junxx meant about the monkeys, but i'll take it as a compliment...!

Originally Posted By: Mantas

How would you rate the village of Akakura for a family stay. Are the lifts and runs right at the village?

Mantas - it's a great place for a holiday. There's a dozen or so restaurants along the main street and enough of a vibe at night. Lifts are all a short 5 minute walk from accom and there's free shuttle buses connecting you to the other resorts. The bests resorts are Akakura and Suginohara. They can either be gloriously empty or crazy busy though. Weekends can get hectic.

We got a great deal on accom by booking direct, but met some people who got insanely cheap prices by going through a tour agent. Some Sydney people we met went through Deep Powder and scored flights, trains, lift tix and accom for a price I couldn't quite believe. Hit them up for a quote.

We had a good time staying there for a month, but we were on a more long-term trip than most. I imagine 5-7 days would be more than enough for most people though.

PM me if you want more info. I'm more than happy to help

Originally Posted By: spook
although im not sure what junxx meant about the monkeys, but i'll take it as a compliment...!

Jinxx is on acid.

I reckon it was a great plan to stay for a month. You get to know the place and people really well.
Spook, have you ever seriously considered getting a more professional approach to your traveling reports and photos? Seriously man, I'm not just pissing in your pocket, but I reckon some swanky mags would pay well for your stories and photos. I know it's a bit like selling your soul and turning pleasure into business, but hey, worth a thought.

Mate, I haven't taken acid since 1987, the real Californian stuff, not what it passed as acid in the early 90's. I used to get flashbacks even after 6 months and then after many more flashbacks I realized I am doing it. One passage thru the door of perception and ... OM

Spook is ahead of you Mantas.

He is a professional.

Hmmmm... acid eh? Monkeys on acid might be a bit much to handle. They can be very human at times, and I think it would blow your mind too much!

Mantas, Jynxx, yep have shopped some pics and articles around to a few mags. Had some good news, fingers crossed they get run somewhere soon. Not much money in it, but it's satisfying to see stuff in print.

It's a new thing we're trying. I guess once we get some good contacts things might run a little from there.

Animals are OK. Ghosts and spirits can be problematic. Stayed at a place where we went boarding that had 2 ghosts and I got nervous and pissed off. I had to tell them to leave me in peace - I hate it when they do that. Like someone said, Arses are arses, online or offline.

On the other hand, big cities are too much to handle. So many living ghosts walking around ...

I looooooove ghost stories. One of my mates about 2 months ago was staying in her house (shes a jet in shizuoka), so shes on her own. She woke up in the middle of the night and looked across and saw some bloke just staring at her, she ran through him and vowed never to sleep there again! A week later she was back there convincing herself she just dreamed it. Ghost stories are great.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Animals are OK. Ghosts and spirits can be problematic. Stayed at a place where we went boarding that had 2 ghosts and I got nervous and pissed off. I had to tell them to leave me in peace - I hate it when they do that. Like someone said, Arses are arses, online or offline.
On the other hand, big cities are too much to handle. So many living ghosts walking around ...

I am constantly amazed that even relatively intelligent people in the 21st century can still believe in the supernatural. Unfortunately it appears that credulous thinking will always be part of the human condition...
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: Jynxx

I am constantly amazed that even relatively intelligent people in the 21st century can still believe in the supernatural. Unfortunately it appears that credulous thinking will always be part of the human condition...

I'm just amazed you can understand what he's said.