After months of frustration at being able to edit video and stills from our HDD cam, we went out and bought a Mac. Hallelujah! worship

We are still finding our way around it (just got it this week) and are madly doing Rugby images for the club website - so snow pic's are coming slowly ... but I have a few newies.

Will add more as we get to them.

#2 son sitting, Mama kneeling and BFG #3 son coming in for the stop. God this place was beautiful!!

Mamabear_77.jpg

BFG (12yrs old) playing in the piste edge powder

Mamabear_76.jpg

Mamabear_75.jpg

And one from Miharashi biggrin

Mamabear_78.jpg

If I can beat the menfolk off with a stick I might actually get to have a play with the Mac! So far all I got was handed a USB with those pic's on it!! Back to skool Tuesday so Mama's turn then. But yeah - for pic and vid applications the Mac rocks! SO EASY!

The skier is a random.

We did have a single skier with us that day. An ex-instructor. He's a great bloke aside from his proclivity to slide on two planks. wink Actually he gave the kids a few lessons and they were rocking the parallel turns down beginner (and #2 down intermediate) slopes that trip - so they might be swinging both ways in future.

I think those two days were the highlights for us this season.

I will try and find some more pic's this week.

Rusutsu was just glorious, and that day riding Miharashi was pure bliss on a board.

yeah...Miharashi is an ungroomed run at Grand Hirafu.

Bit of a walk uphill from the Gondola to skiers right as you exit the Gondola building. Gotta watch your speed at the end when you join the Holiday run to get back to the base, but the in between bits make it all worth it.

Click on Piste Map it is number 17

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
yeah...Miharashi is an ungroomed run at Grand Hirafu.
Bit of a walk uphill from the Gondola to skiers right as you exit the Gondola building. Gotta watch your speed at the end when you join the Holiday run to get back to the base, but the in between bits make it all worth it.
Click on Piste Map it is number 17

yeah thats a quality run.....I stacked it big time at the bottom, there was a little bump in the snow and I came hurtling down and took off and landed on my back/neck/head.

Let me guess - you landed on the hard packed Holiday run?

lol Done that a few times myself!

And if you go easy to avoid the stack at that point you are walking out. No brainer really - after walking out once I decided I would rather pick the potential wipeout and hit it hard. Mind you ... if you stack it you are walking too!

Spook:

I love that it is something we can do together.

The boys are pretty good with me, but occasionally in other environments I get the "Mum, you go over there, and I will go over here and I will meet you when we finish - it is totally uncool to be seen with your Mum".

But I never get that on the skijo - in fact quite the opposite - they often ask me to come out with them, or be a break away group with them. It is SO awesome to have that connection. I also love that Papa and I have that in common and go hit the slopes without the kids too - I think our friendship part of our relationship is stronger since we started sliding.

I also love that Papa and I have that in common and go hit the slopes without the kids too - I think our friendship part of our relationship is stronger since we started sliding.

Even when you're screaming at him to hurry the hell up...?

lol

nah...spook. I am lucky to keep up!

But we solved that either way - we set the end point before setting off, and carry walkie talkies in case we get separated or plans change.

We also both know there are no friends on a powder day - unless they can keep up and share the stoke. thumbsup

The boys are pretty good with me, but occasionally in other environments I get the "Mum, you go over there, and I will go over here and I will meet you when we finish - it is totally uncool to be seen with your Mum".

But I never get that on the skijo - in fact quite the opposite

Must be nice. I get that both on and off the slopes. Especially if I insist on being dorky enough to speak English in public. (The horror.)

Still, the kid never says no to a ski trip, even if it does mean being seen in public with the dorkmeister.

Been having a few uploading issues - not sure what is going on so the rest of the pic's might have to wait. Thanks to SJF for uploading this one for me.

#2 son and GLORIOUS Rusutsu.

Mamabear_79.jpg

Rusutsu ROCKED GG!

We had an absolute ball, and I would definitely love to go back, see more, experience it on good and bad days. But the day we went it was heaven - and if they were all like that I could easy do 2 weeks there.

Accommodation, dining, nightlife - ummm.... no idea. But I would imagine Hirafu would win in that department. By a long way.

The on-mountain food we had was pretty much the same style of on mountain food you get everywhere in Japan. Catered well for the people, plenty of seats. Apart from that meal all I saw was snow. We arrived, parked, bought lift tickets and only stopped for lunch. Then we rode again right up to the clock chime of the time we needed to be back in the carpark for the ride home (the rest were actually waiting for us!).

But the ride was SWEET!

The groomed runs were wide and playful, with side strips of ungroomed fresh powder fall right alongside - tree's galore and some very very interesting off piste area's. Spotted a nasty accident in one of them and got ski patrol onto it - they were pretty good about playing go fetch the injured skier too.

I love Rusutsu but wouldn't really want to stay there for any extended period of time. Besides the main hotel there are few other accommodation options besides a couple of pensions and a backpacker. Nightlife is almost non existent except for a couple of bars in the hotel but like most hotels the eating and drinking options are fairly expensive. If you're only there for the skiing though I guess the apres ski stuff doesn't matter much. In terms of the ski area it's not as large as Niseko and I'd think a week would be more than enough to explore just about every nook and cranny more than once. The off-piste is a lot of fun but the vertical is limited and most areas have flat run outs at the bottom. It doesn't get as much snow as Niseko and especially in the early season it takes quite a bit longer for all the sasa to get covered up. I usually do a few day trips over there each season and have rarely been disappointed. Rusutsu does rock.

Quote:
Nightlife is almost non existent except for a couple of bars in the hotel but like most hotels the eating and drinking options are fairly expensive.

Sounds like pretty much most places that Go Native. You are spoilt in Hirafu! wink
Originally Posted By: scouser
Quote:
Nightlife is almost non existent except for a couple of bars in the hotel but like most hotels the eating and drinking options are fairly expensive.

Sounds like pretty much most places that Go Native. You are spoilt in Hirafu! wink

Yeah but the very fact that we have a vibrant nightlife and people get out and enjoy it is what many people dislike about Niseko. I mean all those Aussies going out and having a whole lot of fun just aren't being culturally sensitive are they? doh