It's a good choice anyway.

I must say my favoities is probably Hakkoda, Nozawa and Yamagata Zao for different reason.

But it has been a good season for me until now and I hope from now until GW too.

Gambarimasho!

Yep Nozawa brought all the goods and far far more than I deserve. There isnt much stuff for freestyle but its not so much my buzz so I dont care. Im just bummed that I found the best run ever about 2 weeks ago when I could have rode it all season \:\( . On second thoughts though its probably best I didnt find it because I might well have killed myself by now :p

But Im biased about Nozawa because its so close making it so easy.

Ontake Ropeway is fun.

Course doesn't offer a great deal, a few tree runs and very good hiking at the top but I mainly go there for the Park which was in pretty damn good nick yesterday.

but I could be baised also because I get free tix for this place!

Everyone (except maybe Ocean11) ;\) does seem to like Nozzle, is it as popular amongst the Japanese community as it is with us lot?

Quote:
Originally posted by frannyo:
Nozawa is up there.

Does anyone NOT like Nozawa? It seems to get all round good write-ups.
Nozawa Onsen is alright and definitely can be a lot of fun on dump days but not one of my favorite. Like Ocean said it`s a bit out of the way(and he lives in Suwa). Parking location is not very convenient, their "ski center"/locker room is a joke, the wait for the gondola is rather irritating and the good runs are spaced out too far apart. I can get good pow closer to home. \:\) Oh yeah, Nozawa`s got all that space but doesn`t have a board park(boo).

47/Goryu, 47/Goryu, 47/Goryu...and Tsugaike. 47/Goryu has the most intense off-piste in Japan. It also offers the best access to the BC of any resort I`ve been to. Want cliffs, 45 degree steeps, monster tree runs, huge bowls, chutes...it`s all there. (Davo, you`ve gotta stick some of the photos up here.)

Yeah thats really weird how there isnt a decent park at Nozawa. There is a half pipe and a couple of jumps and rails but nothing great for such a big resort. I didnt really mind because freestyle wasnt really my thing but have been getting into it a bit more this spring and am wondering why hasnt the resort really got into it confused.gif

Also the lift situation sucks. To ride the pipe you basically have to hike it so you are limited to how many times you can do it as you just get sooooo tired.

But Nozawa still gets my pick as I have to disagree with Barok, air schmair, its all about the powder.

That was one thing that disappointed me about Niseko. Lack of a park. Not that i'm that good enough in freestyle to be able to appreciate a good park. But the parks only had a couple of jumps and one or two rails each.

But i was there for the pow, so no complaints!