Did a trip this morning up Chisenupuri. The chairlift was closed so had to head up from the car park. The snow was nicely hard packed with a little layer of slush on top. Perfect spring conditions!

These babies are so nice and light for the uphill and great fun on the down. Dynafit Manaslu skis with FT 12 bindings.

Go%20Native_55.JPG

Getting near the top of the chair and the view along the range starts to open up.

Go%20Native_56.JPG

Took about 45 mins to the top of the chair and then the remainder of the climb comes into view.

Go%20Native_57.JPG

At the top with a view across the now snow free plains near Iwanai to the coastal mountains near the Kamui peninsula.

Go%20Native_58.JPG

Looking towards the south to the plains around Rankoshi. Still snow all the way to the base.

Go%20Native_60.JPG

A better view down towards the coast and Iwanai dake.

Go%20Native_65.JPG

Looking towards Nitoannupuri, Iwoanupuri, Annupuri and Youtei. All nicely lined up.

Go%20Native_67.JPG

Last view towards the coast before heading back down.

Go%20Native_68.JPG

I was going to head out further than just Chisenupuri but by the top I was getting desperate to go to the toilet and didn't have any toilet paper! Oh well will be better prepared next time...

Couldn't be happier with them. I had telemarked for the last 25 years or so and this was the first season locking in my heels again. Bit weird at first but enjoying it.

The skis are very light but handled the powder through winter really well and have been good in variable spring conditions as well. I went all Dynafit for a very light setup, it's quite a bit lighter than my tele setup. When you're a big guy like myself you appreciate having as light gear as possible to make the uphill a little easier wink

I'll mix it up a bit ski, still love to telemark.

CB the peak area is very exposed and doesn't ever get a deep coverage so melts off pretty quick in the spring. In the lee slopes though the cover is still massive and will last for quite some time yet. There's still 60-70cm down on the plains around Kutchan and easily 4m+ on upper lee slopes.

Depends on the year of course. It's been a pretty good one this year so I'd expect the snow down on the plains will be mostly gone by the end of the month but up high there'll be a reasonable amount right through May and some drift skiing right into June.

It's not part of the Niseko resort. It's a peak a bit further along the range towards the coast. There is a 1 lift 'resort' at the base situated from 500 to 830m which has a nice onsen. The peak of the mountain is 1134m. So if the lift is open, as it was this last weekend, it makes it a lot easier to get to the top.

• 2 weeks later...