I realize that it's not quite over yet but I was wondering how everyone else rated their season this year. Personally, I think it was an 8 out of 10 for me. It would have been perfect if it hadn't ended so early because of events that were slightly out of my control (i.e. family duties and such...). My goal was to get on the slopes 40 times this year and I was 3 days shy wink

Had an amazing start to the season with 3 weeks in Niseko area. Also, got to try out some new places like Madarao, Ryuoo, Zao Onsen (etc). Highlights for me were BC in Hokkaido and boarding in the snow monsters at Zao AND most importantly, the smile on my sweethearts face the first time I took her to the Annupuri backbowls!

Very poor. Two babies at home ruined my ski season. Made it out once but that was after puking my guts out a couple days earlier from some stomach bug and my legs were still wobbly. The upside was that it was a powder day at Happo.

It was fun, but the snow was anything but great for a UT winter. I didn't really do much this season as compared to in past, but it was skiing and lots of it? 6 out of 10.

8/10

Best season yet.

Finally feel confident to head out gates, cruise through tree's and that I can get myself out of most any trouble I find myself in.

Saw lots of new places - got deep into fresh light powder - plenty of good times with good friends.

Only thing that would make it better is more days, and more fitness.

8/10 had awesome snow for 4 days over New Year up in Shiga Kogen, a week of (well documented) powder turns in the Bowls and gullies that make up Niseko and a crazy amount of snow in Yuzawa so yeah I'd say it was a pretty damn good season. (only gave it 8 cos I hurt my knee and couldn't get out in March sadface )

8/10 I can board powder and started to freeride the mountain.

BM, I set out for 40 days and I'm short 10 days! I haven't been able to check out new places other than the Kitzbuhel area, so -2 for that.

However, considering it didn't snow regularly and often there were times it didn't snow for weeks and also avalanche danger, I found fresh powder every time and 6 days were knee deep. Only 2 days at Kitz was somewhat disappointing. I really did select the days to go.

Missus being a school girl she got 14 days on the snow with me, and she said the most powder she had ever ! Great to see her laugh again (school sucks for her) smile

And no injuries for the first time since I started. Touch Wood

Not great, had some fun ski days for sure, but just didn't get to the slopes no where near enough and especially as I live close to the ski resorts, mainly because of my broken finger and too busy from mid feb.

Think my best days were at Myoko as it was new to me and two weeks ago my last for the season at Koumi Rex!

I certainly intend going a lot lot more next season, but will have to see I guess!

At least 8/10. Managed to check out a few new places (thanks in part to this site -- thanks again!), all good times, no bad times. Only disappointment is that we didn't make it out more than we have so far -- but the season is not over yet. Got kind of soporific with the warm weather lately, but starting to get fired up again.

Good season.

Early March saw winter move on but later on it came back.

Monsters, while still looking good, never got huge. I wonder how they will be in 10, 20 years time.

Not good for me.

My parents have both not been well and I spent much time at home or traveling there to Akita.

My mother is still not so good condition but father is much better.

I hope you had good season.

This has been one of my best seasons for the fact that I have skied with the same mate 8 years in a row now. That for me makes it pretty special. On top of that, we had a great adventure and some amazing snow up in Hokkaido, and I was finally able to move away to new resorts up there hitting 4 new resorts. I had (I think) the best powder of my life 2 days in a row, and epic snow all around. We ate at some fantastic places, met up with some old mates and met new ones, road-trip vibe was on, and went to many new onsen, too. I managed to ski 17 days this year and its still not over. Contemplating going to Haks this weekend (depends on work) and will be up there over G.W. for sure touring more. Thinking I can get 25 days this year~ party

I had a great season. We had a lot of powder days and I got to enjoy quite a few of them. March was especially good with the crowds diminishing and we had more snow in March than in Feb. Would always like to have more days on the snow but it's hard to get a fully sponsored visa for the sort of jobs that give you a lot of time on the mountain. Still not over yet with plenty more spring trips to come before the season is over.

Had a great season myself.

Started the season late and ended it early as my work took me away from Japan, but got to enjoy the goods during the high season.. Niseko for 9 days, hitting both the backbowls and Shiribetsu-dake near Rusutsu, did BC rours at Goryu and Tsugaike in Hakuba, and hit Shiga Kogen and Tenjindaira after massive dumps on serveral occasions each.

Maybe I will hit Gassan for a little spring/summer skiing if i can get back in time.