Howdy,

I have been trying to find the best way to get between Myoko and Nozawa, by a more direct route than train down via Nagano.

I have not been able to track down a bus service that links the two resorts.

Thought I'd tap your collective wisdom.

Many thanks for any help

Cheers

There isn't a direct bus service.

One thing I know someone didwasgt the bus up to Madarao,then down to Iiyama then to Nozawa.

Not the easiest of journeys considering they are actually quite close.

Thanks for the advice.

There is going to be a load of us - several families. We've all been to Noz before but not seen the fire festival, so I was trying to work out if a day (& home late) trip was feasible.

There's probably enough of us to book a whole bus. One of the group lives in Narita. I'll put him on the case - rent a bus (& sober driver)

Cheers

Yeah. I might try some of the tour companies that do the Zen Koji - Obuse - Snow monkey trip & see if they will do a run to Noz and back for the fire festival. Could be lucrative for them. (if they can fine a park) Getting there the long way is fine, but after a big day / night, it's a long trip home.

I drove from Togari Onsen which is just down the road from Nozawa, up and over the mountains on 292 to Myoko (Akakura). Actually wanted to take the road that passes by Madarao, but 292 is a little bit wider.

There are some places in the mountains which are very narrow...glad there was no snow on the road. It took about an hour and a half.

You would need a car/bus hire with a good driver.

Actually re-thinking Myoko at this point.

I'm reading that the lift ticket dispute between Akakura Onsen and Akakura Kanko is a bit of a nuisance.

Might put it off for a year until they (hopefully) get their acts together. (Voting with my skis?)

Have been having pleasant dreams about Hakuba lately ..........

I try and go somewhere different every year, but I think I have unfinished business there.

I can arrange a bus to do Hakuba / Noz for the fire festival.

Thanks for the advice peeps.

Pretty sure that dispute got resolved this year and everything was back to normal. There is also a pretty reasonable all mountain season pass which includes the main resorts there... it's something like 40,000Y. Personally, I love Myoko... one of the reasons is because it's never really cowarded (so please go elsewhere wink )

If it's resolved, It's back on the itinerary (sorry)

I emailed the Myoko info & they advised that the matter is still "in dispute". Something to do with revenue sharing arrangements.

The All Mountain pass excludes Akakura Onsen. Only the season pass cover all 4 areas.

It looks great - glad to hear someone else confirm it.

When I was in Myoko the dispute was still on. It doesn't matter though. There's a bit of fun stuff in Onsen, but mostly I would just stick to Kanko.

You can ride the better steep stuff at Onsen and they cut back to the Kano lifts anyway..

Originally Posted By: spook
When I was in Myoko the dispute was still on. It doesn't matter though. There's a bit of fun stuff in Onsen, but mostly I would just stick to Kanko.
You can ride the better steep stuff at Onsen and they cut back to the Kano lifts anyway..

lol that just makes an idiot outta both places for having a dispute in the first place

You should be able to take the train from Togari Nozawa to Toyono. Change to the Shin'etsu Line line for Myoko Kogen. Just confirm this on the train timetables.

Take the ski shuttle to Suginohara, it's worth the trip.

• 3 months later...