Expressway charges changing again > ETC = worthless

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I'm sure there must some places in Asia where we could take to one of those with an M60 or maybe a RPG.

Bangkok seems to be a good place for it right now.
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And it's on, starting December 1st, 2011, going through March 31st, 2012.   Final version (Nov. 2011) of map of Tohoku expressways that will be free from 2011.12.1 through 2012.3.31: Blue-green:

My wife has a K-car, Turbo and it goes like anything, and will easily pull up to 120+ klm / hr with very little effort.

The K-Turbos are good, but the standard k's are rubbish, as no power!

Also there is a big difference between a manual and a auto.

My K-truck is manual and goes quite well, considering it is not turbo.

Both are certainly much better on fuel than my Suzuki Escudo.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I have practically run some off the road when they wouldn't pull over to let me pass highfive

I bet I would give you a run for your money in my wifes K-car, especially on the windy country roads, unless you got a porsche or something.

Don't know what the big deal is with K's they're not all ugly and who cares if they are. They make sense. And unless you really feel the need to be driving faster than 120, speed is more about the driver than the car. Personally I kind of like crappy old cars. I find I can treat them like crap and they still never let me down (touch wood).

My wife's K has a better stereo - like with an MD player too so I can listen to those old MDs. Plus the inside is kind of nice compared to my car coz I treat my car like garbage (but in an affectionate sort of way).

Aparently the average American spends 17% of their income on transportation. I calculated I've spent around 4% of my income on transport over the last 15 years or so since I was 24. IMO that makes me 13% smarter than the average American but I guess not very fashionable.

Yeah, I don't think I can accept that. I think it was a calculation error. OK, 17% is just over 4 times as high as 4% so it might be more accurate to say that the average American is 4 times stoopider than me.

I once rented a Suzuki Wagon R when I was on a surfing trip in Hachijojima. One day after a good surf my buddy and I decided to drive up the volcano there... the damn engine almost exploded it was revving up so high. I think we were travelling at about 10km/h as we climbed the hill. Never again! No matter how cheap they are!!!! I couldn't imagine if that were my everyday car...

they are not built for mountains and highway though are they, they are for the city or short hops to supermarket by the wife.

so they will die out once elecric cars become more prevelent.

• 11 months later...

高速é“è·¯ã®ä¼‘日上é™ï¼‘ï¼ï¼ï¼å††ã‚’6月ã«ã‚‚中止ã™ã‚‹æ–¹é‡ã‚’明らã‹ã«ã—ãŸ

>>> thinking of scrapping the 1000 yen limit on weekends, apprarently.

I guess this is an easy choice and a "seen to be doing something" option for politicians, but I can't see it saving very much money.

The tolls on most of the highways fail to cover the maintenance costs even with the tolls at full price. It means that public get to pay to maintain roads they can't afford to use themselves.

This isn't good for the car sector either.