One last trip for this season. Arrived at Kawaba about 10:20 am and was on the lift about 10:35.

Snow was a little sticky on the flats but otherwise all good fun. Snow on all the trails and upper mountain was still completely covered. Runs were a little short for my taste, also plenty of moguls.

Off piste looked like where it was at (the tree runs would be superb after a fresh snow fall in winter) but was too crusty for my liking yesterday. Will definatley head back next winter for some off piste riding.

sand_31.jpg

a nice out of bounds area below the cliff

sand_32.jpg

another midweek day being pretty much empty, and nice view

sand_33.jpg

more off piste

I forgot to mention 1 point I really disliked was the music they had playing out the speakers all the way up the chair lifts, horrid!

J-pop and some J-hip-hop. I don't usually like to ride while listening to music (sometimes do but no very often), but being forced to listen to music I would usually stay well clear of is annoying at best

Originally Posted By: ShinyDiscoBall
Don't you find it at most places though, sand?

true, I have noticed it at many places but I spent many days this season at White World Iwakura(because of the longer runs), where this does not happen.
Originally Posted By: sand
J-pop and some J-hip-hop. I don't usually like to ride while listening to music (sometimes do but no very often), but being forced to listen to music I would usually stay well clear of is annoying at best

X2

I hate being forced to listen to music - especially crap played at resorts.
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Where is this ski-jo? Never heard of this place.

KAWABA? It is in northern Gunma, about a 20-30 min drive from Numata its a nice resort, no that far from Tanbara also, which is also nice!