Lots of snow on the slopes --- but resorts closing...?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went up to Hotaka Bokujo in Gunma yesterday. Small place, low down, hardly anyone there. Snow was absolute garbage, but we had fun playing on their kickers and half-pipe. I don't think they made any money yesterday, only about 50 people out on the whole mountain and all but 1 lift was open.

It was my mates who picked it....I thought we were going to the higher Snowpal Ogna Hotaka. But due to the weather report being bad for yesterday, they wanted to play in a place with a decent park, I don't think Ogna had one. Park isn't really my thing, but I had fun on the kickers. Got some pics coming off the kickers but that it, didn't bother taking any of the resort itself. I'll post them in a bit though thumbsup

In the afternoon, the snow was that wet that its was sticky and often you didn't have speed enough to reach the lip of the kicker!! lol

By that time I was ready for the onsen, but i still had fun where I'd probably been sitting on my arse at home

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
In the afternoon, the snow was that wet that its was sticky and often you didn't have speed enough to reach the lip of the kicker!!

lol
I suppose when it is as pants as as that, it can be funny! wink

It was ridiculous, we'd be trying to throw ourselves down the run up to try and get as much speed as poss before hitting the middle part (which was where it was sticky). I have a Shoot&Select option on my camera, click it once and it takes 10 pictures, so you can get cool action photos of the jump. So I'd already done my mates and now it was my turn. He got the camera set up, I lunged down the run-up and......barely made it over the lip!!! lol

Definitely did yesterday Quattro!!! But I don't think that all the wax in the world would've made me any more slippery!! EVERYONE on the mountain was getting held up.....the big kickers were abandoned by 1.30 due to the stickiness of the snow! lol

on my digicam I have a Shoot & Select option which takes about 10 pics one after another quickly, so you get some cool action photos. Here are a few of them....

Tubby%20Beaver_77.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_78.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_79.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_80.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_81.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_91.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_92.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_93.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_94.JPG

It has to be said that as a day of snowboarding it was absolute crap, snow was like wet snot and the trails weren't very big or challenging. BUT I did have a good time fooling around on the kickers all day, which for me is a total change to what I usually do when I go riding. It certainly beat hanging round my house doing nothing for a day.....was cheap as well, only 2300 yen for the lift ticket

yeah.....he got that for free as well.......jammy sod!! He ordered it COD and when the dispatch company came he tried to pay for it but they said that it had already been paid for......free board!!

Yeah he's not exactly losing sleep over it. Dunno whether it would've been the takkyubin people who mixed it up or the company he bought it from.....either way he got it for gratis!! smile